TFLAH Sellers on kijiji

pacomotorstuff

Coast to Coast
Hey everybody,
Let me have my little rant and comment regarding TFLAH sellers on kijiji and at the same time, I wondered how often it happens to you - 'cause to me, twice in the last six weeks.
First time, saw a nice bike, emailed and then phoned the guy (about 100km away) said as far as I was concerned, based on the photos of the bike, I'd buy it, no haggling, seemed a fair price and as long as it didn't have a rod through the cases or something similar when I actually saw the bike, I'd be up the next morning with the cash and pick it up.
Lo and behold, scanned kijiji again the next morning just before heading out to get the bike and to my amazement, the ad was still up and the price was now $250.00 higher than I'd bought the bike for. A heated phone call - understatement of some magnitude - followed and the dumb, oxlike reply was, "...well man, like... we were just, like... uh, putting it out there to see what we could really get for it...", so no deal with scumbag #1.
Scumbag #2 just boned me, the jerk I emailed this morning and told him, yup, what you got I'm buying, no haggling, can I come get the stuff right now. He was stuck in traffic, phoned me and set up a time this evening for pickup, about 15 km away. As I was going out the door, el jerko left a phone message, "... ah, some guy just came by and picked up the stuff, so you don't have to come for it, 'cause it's gone...". I can't help but think the best part of this guy's DNA dribbled down his daddy's leg.
Maybe it's 'cause, awhile back, I did a lot of work with people who would agree on really big deals with a handshake, for chrissakes in the millions of dollars and people today can't even own up to their agreements.
I don't know what can be done about this, but if either of the above yabbos ever want to buy something from me...
Have a better evening than I'm having.
Pat

I feel your pain Pat. There is a whole generation of ass hats that don't understand a deal and it hurts to do anything on kijiji or cl. I have had these same things happen and it pisses me off too.

Im usually on the other end of it ....people are interested say they will be there and never show up....which is why i will sell it to whoever shows up first....you could have even offered more but waiting and the unknown will usually get the best of me

Yup. Buying and selling on kijiji or cl is a bit of a... how should I say... crap shoot?!? :-\

I've been jerked around from both ends as well. On the other hand, I've made some really good deals, buying AND selling. :)

Now, I simply try not to get my expectations too amped up. :p Honestly, I don't promise to hold anything for someone, unless I know them. I do TELL callers that though!! It's first on the scene with the dough that get's it. :p

I'll say that I do feel your frustration Pat. :(

I feel your frustration too. But I also have too much experience with holding things for up to a week for someone while others offer cash the same day, and then they flake. So for most of my ads I state that I will only hold for 8 hrs. Depending on the item I will post "first with cash gets it". Then if ppl get pissed it's their own fault.

I guess the other things I should have mentioned were:
(1) I offered to pay immediately by paypal both times and
(2) in both cases, the seller set the time for pick up of the merch.
Total A-holes.
Pat

Back
Top Bottom