74 TS185: Smokin' Enduro

Jordan918

Been Around the Block
Here we go again. This kick ass two stroker caught my eye back in February. My GF and I drove up to Pittsburg to snag it even though it was a bastard bike without a title. I had to have it. The fella I bought it from is actually a DTT member so i know he'll be watching this which is sorta cool.
8epenasy.jpg
u2uty9aj.jpg

My plans for the bike are pretty simple. Clean it up, get it ready for the streets, and try very hard not to change that much. This is one of the few vintage bikes that I like just the way it is.
Luckily, I was able to apply for a title for the bike and get one within two weeks. So, now it's all in. No cutting, just cleaning and adding.

Got everything taken apart in a few hours a couple of Saturdays ago.
e4a5u5y6.jpg
de7eseva.jpg
2y5yryqu.jpg

Currently, there's a five gallon bucket full of parts at the Powdercoater along with the frame. They're ready for pickup this Friday. Meanwhile, the wheels are fully dismantled and I've started in on the most tedious task of all, spoke polishing.
ehapytap.jpg
8enehy6e.jpg

As you can see, the painstaking task of cleaning spokes makes a huge difference. Saved a little cash in the meantime.

Cool bike!

A little late for this time but I bought one of these used

20000-1.jpg

It works great for cleaning spokes, hardware and such. Let it run and save your elbow grease for something else:)

Here is a before and after.

img-20140301-00547%20(600x450).jpg

One sexy 2-stroke, doesn't it need to have lights to be on the street?
Over here you wouldn't be allowed to drive it without any

i'll be following this, i convinced my girlfriend to buy one (185ER so 1980's)to learn to ride on, and it is a pretty good bike. bulletproof even. yours looks in really good condition. what tyres will you be using?

there is a forum specifically for them if you need manuals or tech tips, http://suzukits.informe.com/forum/ts185-f7/

Thanks for checking in you guys. I love the feedback.

I'll probably go with some inexpensive dual sport kenda rubber like this.
ysy8a6e2.jpg
. This bike will never see a trail. I know, it's sorta like locking a neighborhood cat indoors.

I forgot to mention that the bike was a one or two kick cold start when I got it, so I probably won't be doing much to the engine other than maybe vapor blasting it to clean it up.

All the lighting that is missing is going to come from dime city. Such as:
mu6y4a3u.jpg
y2aru5a8.jpg

Got the powdered parts back today.
a4e7yhem.jpg
tavy6ede.jpg
5yjasy9u.jpg

Can't wait to start cleaning up the nuts and bolts and start putting them where they go.

are you restoring?

or do you have pics of seat combo for tracker?
ive got a dt175 that has very similar lines so im interested in seeing where you go with this...

Keeping it original for the most part. Keep me informed on what you come up with for a modified seat though.

Your mom goes to parts polishing college.

vahegeta.jpg
tupeqyre.jpg

Does anyone feel like a polishing wheel gets their aluminum looking too shiny? I hand sanded and used mothers polish on my 360 and it gave me more of a brushed look.

5aty2u4u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom