Does anyone still build Cafe Racers or is it not fashionable anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanticoy said:
you believe you are improving this place but the fact is you are pissing on it.
NOPE. I believe I am being me, will never stop being me, and if you don't like it, you can get bent too. How the general population of the forum reacts to my contribution is not up to me.

my quote has been kileys signature longer than dohc has been a member.

canyoncarver said:
I'll probably regret posting in this thread but I'll say this, Dohc, I believe you care more than your avatar suggests. You put in the effort to wade through so many posts that any rational person can assume you care about this stuff. You are often good at presenting your point, other times, your communication style shuts down the person you try to educate. You can't blame them for that. I don't intend this to be criticism, just observation from my point of view. I've been a teacher of sorts for many years and learning to adapt communication styles to the intended audience changed the game for me. Just my .02
Thank you.

DohcBikes said:
NOPE. I believe I am being me, will never stop being me, and if you don't like it, you can get bent too. How the general population of the forum reacts to my contribution is not up to me.

See the thing is, I'm already bent, just not in the "fuck off" way that you're intending. I'm not seeing this "positive reaction" to your contributions, quite the opposite. If this is something shared via PM or otherwise, I'm not seeing any public outcry of support over a guy being an asshole to other members regularly. The difference between me and you is that once a year 100 of these guys with handles and avatars camp in my yard and talk bikes, and another couple of times I camp in their yards or ride with them, share beers and pipe tobacco, etc. This isn't just a forum that is a bunch of people arguing over the net, it has always been more than that. It brings real folks together who don't bicker over a set of exhaust pipes or any other silliness that has happened in the past months. You can continue being you, but to sway the forum in a direction of resembling a site that was solely responsible for giving life to this site (CR.net) and giving people a place to grow and learn is unacceptable. Maybe you are the one that doesn't fit the mold of what DTT ACTUALLY represents? These are real people who have very much impacted one another's lives for the positive for years. No need in promoting a change that isn't needed.

Kanticoy said:
I'm not seeing this "positive reaction"
Who are you quoting? Do you guys have anything at all to say that pertains to anything i've said or do you you wish to continue this witch hunt?

DohcBikes said:
. The demographic is narrowing, to disinclude some undesireable shit.

I'd have to disagree with that statement. Case in point, you are still here.

CharlieT said:
I'd have to disagree with that statement. Case in point, you are still here.
Oh charlie it hurts me so bad when you throw sticks at me.

The only reason the many people that have gotten help and advice from me arent posting here is because of this good ol boys club bullshit. I'll stand before the whole fuckin dogpile, don't think for a second that i'm going anywhere based on 10 peoples opinions.

dohc is a big soft fuckin unicorn once you get your head out of your ass and realize this shit isn't easy and start asking questions you get the replies and help from not only him but a ton of others its not their fault people come here and are soft and they shouldn't have to change the way they help those people... the help is FREE! anyone asking for help should take it how its given and realize that the help is real sound advice that will help get their bike done, and done correctly! since ive started back I have learned a ton of new shit from all the active guys here including dohc

DohcBikes said:
That's where the ignorance lies. It starts with telling them it's incorrect. When they start bawling about it, that's when they get the backhand. If it's shit, it's shit.

I share more helpful info than the vast majority here, period. If you have a problem with the delivery maybe you should buy more tissues.

Get bent.

And this is were the problem lies.....your delivery. Contrary to what you apparently think of yourself, you are not judge and jury of every bike presented here. THIS is why I have been hesitant in starting a build thread here. I simply do not want your participation. Either for or against anything I may do. I DO NOT need your praise or help.

Now.....About getting "bent". I believe you are familiar with the 2nd amendment based on what I have read of your other posts. Here's a suggestion to put that to use. Place the end of the barrel of the gun of your choice (I'm sure you have a favorite) into the huge hot air hole normally reserved for a mouth and pull the trigger.

HAPPPY HUNTING! ;D

Caf3racer said:
I simply do not want your participation. Either for or against anything I may do. I DO NOT need your praise or help.
ANY time anyone has asked me to leave their thread, with the exception of jwilde, i have. That is because i'm here to help those that want help, not those that think they are too good for it.

DohcBikes said:
I detect that you completely ignore things, such as the post above, when they don't suit your agenda.
Mr.E said:
My agenda? Have you been reading my diary again? This oughta be good. Do tell :)

Still waiting, cupcake. Don't leave me hanging here, I wanna know what my agenda is

I've been here a few years, and while DOHC, and others that preceded him may have harsh delivery they follow up with solid advice for those that are receptive. They also give guidance and solutions to more than a few threads. I think to say he doesn't contribute is ridiculous. I think if someone is building a tire rubbing death trap it's fair to say wtf are you doing and provide advice. Especially in the case of new members who need guidance, and often haven't yet ridden a motorcycle.

Doll.jpg

wahvtec said:
I've been here a few years, and while DOHC, and others that preceded him may have harsh delivery they follow up with solid advice for those that are receptive. They also give guidance and solutions to more than a few threads. I think to say he doesn't contribute is ridiculous. I think if someone is building a tire rubbing death trap it's fair to say wtf are you doing and provide advice. Especially in the case of new members who need guidance, and often haven't yet ridden a motorcycle.
Thank you.

I think the dude is bi polar but hey if your fucking up you might get schooled. Just don't pay the fucker a minute later and he won't rip off yer head and shit down yer throat!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tune-A-Fish said:
I think the dude is bi polar but hey if your fucking up you might get schooled. Just don't pay the fucker a minute later and he won't rip off yer head and shit down yer throat!!
Thank you.

Bipolar is a diagnosis. Mood swings are natural for healthy people. It's evolution. At some points in life veins must pump ice water.

Why you think the gov wants everyone on anti anxiety and shit? Think about that.

Tune-A-Fish said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

..... You guys ever seen Snatch? Brad Pitt? No idea what the hell he is saying the whole movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom