Opinions 101

redwillissuperman

Keep it simple- engine, wheels, bars
Honda CX500 Scrambler http://silodrome.com/honda-cx500-scrambler/

a15ccb15c194f310da6dfa6ebaf76eca.jpg

That seat is nasty and needs to be lit on fire with gasoline and a match

Because vintage motorcycle builds are a 'trend' at the moment. These aren't bikers are even hobbyists they are followers. It's been a hard one to shake but if we do our best to be blunt when they fuck up it should get better someday.

To all, I don't care what your opinion is, that bike is a tragedy.

To be honest there are a couple current builds here that I'm holding my opinion about. Basically if I've posted in your thread but don't comment on the finished product, it's probably shit.

DohcBikes said:
Because vintage builds are a 'trend' at the moment. It's been a hard one to shake but if we do our best to be blunt when they fuck up it should get better someday.

To all, I don't care what your opinion is, that bike is a tragedy.

To be honest there are a couple current builds here that I'm holding my opinion about. Basically if I've posted in your thread but don't comment on the finished product, it's probably shit.

you never commented in my thread

But back to the cx, why not level the frame and seat? Is swapping the top triple clamp for a store bought one considered "building"? Sounds like shopping...

Where is XB on the front end and rear shock geometry?

DohcBikes said:
the seat looks like a maggot

Yes it does, but when these came out they called the plastic maggots

And the geometry on this is OK

It just looks all wrong with that damn seat.....like a 2 yr old pasted it on there

The huge negative space under the seat also bothers me, especially on a cx500. Kamn I don't know if yours is like that but if it is it looks terrible :p

Stock cx500's actually drift pretty well but the saddle is so fuckin high on that one. Add what is likely a very stiff suspension and you're right it's gonna want to high side easier.

DohcBikes said:
The huge negative space under the seat also bothers me, especially on a cx500. Kamn I don't know if yours is like that but if it is it looks terrible :p

Nah, mine doesn't even have a seat frame yet. I can't stand the factory tubing for the seat since it has this dumb dip.

Kamn said:
Nah, mine doesn't even have a seat frame yet. I can't stand the factory tubing for the seat since it has this dumb dip.
I know a guy that just bought a new tube bender....

Back
Top Bottom