Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Big R

Heaven is so far away.
Being that this is also taking time out in the garage, figured I may as well start a build thread on it too. It's my 3rd GR650, and this one doesn't have a title. So it gets knobby tires and squishy suspension! Plans are as follows: look for a front end from a heavier Suzuki DR, fab up a shock mount from a DR after checking the physical limits of the swingarm, old dirtbike tank, minimal lighting, stretched swinger, knobby tires, and make sure the whole thing isn't pretty.

This is going to be a slow build (one that I'll probably forget about time to time) but here's what I'm starting with:
SU1HMDAwNTQtMjAxMDExMDMtMDUxMy5qcGc.jpg

Re: Yet another Suzuki 650

I know Pennsylvania has a large agricultural industry...but seriously...a Suzuki Tempter farm? Now I've seen everything!

HA HA HA HA.... Fuckin Tempters. Rich is addicted. This old girl will be a blast though. Im sure of it.

Ha ha ha! I am starting a little bit of a collection I guess. After these are done I'll just need one more to make a bobber / rat / brat / barhopper.

After doing some offering / counter offering on ebay, I came across a GR650 spoked rear wheel with a 2.5" wide wheel. Then found a great deal on an 87 Kaw 16" wheel - gonna swap the hubs and wheels so I can fit a better tire. Also did some crossreferencing and ordered a 76 GT500 front wheel. The rotor and everything is just a bolt on affair. More updates hopefully soon......

Started working the tank onto the frame. The seat in the pic is just the original foam - just to get an idea. The forks are out getting reworked (thanks Doug!) so I just propped up the wheels to get an idea of how everything will look. Oh yeah, and the rear in the pic is an 18", I'll be going with a 16" wheel

IMGP2792.jpg

Forgot to update this - I trued up the rear wheel the other day and sprayed some appliance epoxy on it. Because the wheel bearings are shot, it will probably need trued up again, but shouldnt be too hard.

Ordered new axles (front and rear) along with tires / tubes / strips and a speedo gear. Still need to get a new seat pan, chain, sprockets, battery, etc, etc.....

Pulled the bars and front fender from a DT175, but don't know if the fender will work. Wheels have new bearings in and I'm getting the tires mounted next week. The seat needs......work. And the grab rail just got bolted on to get it off the floor. Not sure if it will stay or not. Waiting to send the swingarm out to get stretched and need to get to forks mounted up. This thing is going to be fun.

1293792298.jpg

Gnarly is the word for this! I love the profile of the whole with that tank!

Oh, you letter got here today. Thanks man!

Well, got the tires mounted up finally. I was digging around in the rafters of the garage and found the original luggage rack that came on the bike. Thought it was a goner.....but the saddle bag mounts, luggage rack, and grab rail all come off with just 4 bolts. Got the plastic fenders in and mounted up yesterday as well. The front is us held up by one bolt right now for mock up purposes, so I need to go back over that. Shoe horned the carbs and airbox into place, and started running some of the wiring. And I'm planning on getting the swinger extended about 4" - and just to get an idea of where the rear wheel will sit:

1294826311.jpg

Thanks Kev. This thing will be a whole lotta fun once it's finished. Here's one more with the tank and headlight

1294838465.jpg

I'll be excited when the forks and swinger are mounted up and I can actually move it around. Can't get any decent pics sitting in the corner of the garage......

Love it Rich. The grab rail is a must. I want to 'Mad Max' that thing sooooooooooo bad.

Ha! Me and VonYinzer were talking about that. He called it a zombie bike or something. I actually said "Yeah, I'll get Crescent to rig up a sidecar with a gatling gun"

;D ZSV!!! FTW!!! ;D

Needs a machete made from a truck leaf spring in a side sheath, and a grill on the headlight, and a spiked pedestrian slicer, and.... second thought you might not want me near it. :p

Rad Rich... Thanks for directing me over here. You were right. I hadn't seen this one either.

Looks like fun

Back
Top Bottom