KZ200 hydraulic brake swap

StreetShark

I know there are people out there with the kz200 that would like to swap out that cable operated front brake with a hydraulic one. I'm currently building one up brat style and did just that. I wanted to share because I know there isn't a lot of information out there. I see a lot of questions, but no answers. So here is something that will hopefully help someone that is in the same situation I was.

Find yourself a a brake system from the kz750 twin. It has a similar set up to the kz200; brake caliper in front of the left fork.
P1020214.JPG

When you put the 750 brake on this is how it will fit. It will use the stock bolts from the kz200. With the bolt in the bottom eyelet, the new caliper should be positioned as demonstrated in the photo. In this position, the brake pad is completely on the rotor.
IMG_0364.jpg

Take your measurements to a machine shop and have them fab the brake mount. Cut off the top, weld on some metal, and drill and tap it.
IMG_0391.jpg

The splitter can be modded to fit in those two holes.
IMG_0369.jpg

The end result looks almost stock to the bike, but with much better stopping power. The brake system cost me 25 bucks and the machine work cost me 50. So for less than 100 bucks you can significantly upgrade you're little kz!
IMG_0393.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing this.
Been looking to do exactly this, just had no idea which brake calliper to begin with.

much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom