Another patina Honda CB360 build

hey guys. sorry for the long absence. the cb is still alive. just been too busy to really work on it like i want to. i didnt get much done, but the seat pan and molded the cushion to shape. i stiched the fabric, but wonderin the best solution as to attaching the fabric to the fiberglass. any tips or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. uploading progress pictures later.

Snacks said:
hey guys. sorry for the long absence. the cb is still alive. just been too busy to really work on it like i want to. i didnt get much done, but the seat pan and molded the cushion to shape. i stiched the fabric, but wonderin the best solution as to attaching the fabric to the fiberglass. any tips or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. uploading progress pictures later.

I used industrial strength Velcro on the 360 to fasten the cushion to the pan. Worked great.

coming along as fast as time is allowing.

Attachments

• IMG_2002 (1).jpg
    IMG_2002 (1).jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 471
Snacks said:
hey guys. sorry for the long absence. the cb is still alive. just been too busy to really work on it like i want to. i didnt get much done, but the seat pan and molded the cushion to shape. i stiched the fabric, but wondering the best solution as to attaching the fabric to the fiberglass. any tips or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. uploading progress pictures later.

I use contact cement with my aluminum seat pan. It's a little tricky but you can re-position slightly by heating with a heat gun, it also helps flatten any puckers. Not sure it would work if there's quilting foam. I've seen pop rivets used on pans that won't take staples, that would tolerate foam and not be as tricky as contact cement.

If you try staples, you need a powerful staple gun. Probably pneumatic. I would glue and then staple. Glue will hold very securely if you get it positioned right.

Back
Top Bottom