1977 GL1000 Double Deuce Hell Ride

is mom turning the second bore on a dead true spud/mandrel off the first bore and bearing seat?(this insures shared axial integrity without any fussing) or counting on the 3 jaw acuracy ?which is ok as long as at least 2 locations are dialed in zero both cuts to ensure exact axial harmony/status
with well used 3 jaws sometimes you can smack one jaw to shift on the scroll others you gotta shim.it can be a giant pain
but actually i am sure she knows all that anyhoo

Ha. Most I can get out of ma are her Mitutoyos once they see a half a thousandth of light through the jaws. Homeboy knows what he's doing really, really well. He also trued the hub to insure intestinal balance.

If that thing would take a 17" wheel I would have one spun to take a bigger bearing Yamaha made the wheel to be cut for several axles and bearings but I got the smaller hole and no bearing in the world works for a 1" axle :-\

Tune-A-Fish said:
If that thing would take a 17" wheel I would have one spun to take a bigger bearing Yamaha made the wheel to be cut for several axles and bearings but I got the smaller hole and no bearing in the world works for a 1" axle :-\
Not sure what your meaning. 17mm x 47mm is bigger than the Honda 15mm x 42mm and the VZ 17mm x 40mm. What about converting the 1" to a 3/4" Dyna bearing?

deviant said:
Not sure what your meaning. 17mm x 47mm is bigger than the Honda 15mm x 42mm and the VZ 17mm x 40mm. What about converting the 1" to a 3/4" Dyna bearing?

That would be fine if I can get someone to cut it. Its a 17 in wheel so that would be a big ass chuck it needs to be bored it think.

This
d868b5b2d4c7d8ddf07f214b7e38ee17.jpg

The bearing I need to take it from FZ6 to R6 axle

Tune-A-Fish said:
That would be fine if I can get someone to cut it. Its a 17 in wheel so that would be a big ass chuck it needs to be bored it think.
You must mean a 17" mag, eh?

Tune-A-Fish said:

This
d868b5b2d4c7d8ddf07f214b7e38ee17.jpg

The bearing I need to take it from FZ6 to R6 axle

most sheen shops will have a lath to swing that tar removed ,swing is the word,nogo by chuck size big chuck not needed
a lath with 20" swing can fit in a 20" diam object ,the lathe would have 10" maybe a scoash more from turning centerline to the closest ways or rails
the bigger lathe i had was a gap bed, quite a few are, a section of the ways unbolts to create a a much larger swing cap near the chuck
i used to do wheels rims all the time common mod for us aspiring isdt racers was rtrim off .200" off one rim edge (onthe dia)front and back to easier fascilitate those 3 minute tire swaps

xb33bsa said:
most sheen shops will have a lath to swing that tar removed ,swing is the word,nogo by chuck size big chuck not needed
a lath with 20" swing can fit in a 20" diam object ,the lathe would have 10" maybe a scoash more from turning centerline to the closest ways or rails
the bigger lathe i had was a gap bed, quite a few are, a section of the ways unbolts to create a a much larger swing cap near the chuck
i used to do wheels rims all the time common mod for us aspiring isdt racers was rtrim off .200" off one rim edge (onthe dia)front and back to easier fascilitate those 3 minute tire swaps

I only need 1mm cut for 2mm overall.. I may drop by a shop and see what they say, nice wheel to let go to waste.

Tune-A-Fish said:
I only need 1mm cut for 2mm overall.. I may drop by a shop and see what they say, nice wheel to let go to waste.
it can be done in a vertical mill but for either one the hourly rate is the issue
the last shop i worked in there were 5 machinists, i was the only one who had that bag of tricks and could do those type of "motorcycle jobs " in quicktime
luckily the shop foreman who took in all work was well aware of this

6c469c4a565e798eb34e0fcff7c2b88e.jpg

Bearings in. GL hub adapted for the VZ forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom