1988 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Bobber

theridefactory

The Ride Factory
This is a project that's been in the shop for quite a while, and has a lot of custom parts and fabrication work. I'll post updates and photos here as the build progresses.

- Corey

Attachments

• 2017-12-14_11.38.55.jpg
    2017-12-14_11.38.55.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 340
  • 2017-12-14_11.40.35.jpg
    2017-12-14_11.40.35.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 347
  • 2017-12-14_11.45.39.jpg
    2017-12-14_11.45.39.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 338
  • 2017-12-14_11.47.48.jpg
    2017-12-14_11.47.48.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 347
We're trying to figure out how we want to paint the oil tank. The project is supposed to be military themed, so we've considered painting it up like a globe, a cannoball, or putting a flying tiger on it.

Man these hard tails are growing on me..........especially with springer fronts.

I've got a little CB350K twin engine and am looking for a hard tail frame to put it in.

Springer front would be a bonus.

Popeye SXM said:
How about painting the oil tank like a bomb? like the cartoons

We actually talked about that. I suggested painting it up like one of the Mario Bros bombs.

WhyNot said:
Man these hard tails are growing on me..........especially with springer fronts.

I've got a little CB350K twin engine and am looking for a hard tail frame to put it in.

Springer front would be a bonus.

Why not hard tail the existing frame? If you can get your hands on a cheap angle grinder or chop saw you can use a kit like this to cut it all out, and then take all the pieces to someone to have it welded together.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/universal-hardtail-kit.html

Why not hard tail the existing frame? If you can get your hands on a cheap angle grinder or chop saw you can use a kit like this to cut it all out, and then take all the pieces to someone to have it welded together.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/universal-hardtail-kit.html

That was the point.....I only have the engine, I need a frame, or rolling chassis.

And, if I could pick up one already hardtailed, that would be a bonus.

WhyNot said:
That was the point.....I only have the engine, I need a frame, or rolling chassis.

And, if I could pick up one already hardtailed, that would be a bonus.
Where are you at in Georgia? I have a 1972 SL350 frame that I will sell. Depending on where you are, I can even deliver. I have the frame, swingarm, rear axle with spacers/adjusters, forks, even a gas tank that would be usable. Probably some more parts. I'm downsizing my projects and I'll take $100 for all of it. Bill of sale on the frame.
PM if interested.
Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom