Must be nice to have a son that is a bike builder (dads christmas gift)

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
Well had to get dad something for christmas... he tells me always never to get him anything... but i could not have that... so i am going to polish out his rotors (again he never keeps them clean), true his wheels, new bearings, true his wheels, new tires, new inner tube, new wheel strips, chrome control covers, chomre headlight ring, all new cables, and a fresh coat of wax....
it has been snowing and cold as hell so he could not get his bike into the shop, my snowmobiles are on my trailer right now... so i made a house call! it was awesome to work in the garage that i grew up building stuff in... was even cooler to have dad out there with me... he used to build some of the most wicked chops i have ever seen... (ill scan some pics) but now he and mom keep it simple on an 03' aniv herritage classic... he made his own stereo as you can see... later this winter i am going to get rid of that and put a full fairing on it for him with 1000 watts of music power...
he and mom leave next week for Marco island to spend christmas on the beach every year, dad brings his bike and the jet ski down on a trailer (pretty sick set up we created if you ask me)

camera was die'n so i got some blurry pics... but here is the progress... will be done and on the ground again sunday...

headlight
2qao26e.jpg

controls (i will prob end up powdering or polishing his levers as well)
24pcm0p.jpg

2pynsja.jpg

2cena7o.jpg

there she waits
214qr82.jpg

levers coated...
1zyed0z.jpg

rotors coated
2d8fb83.jpg

and a new color we just got in... speedway black... one of the coolest colors i have EVER seen
k01rhh.jpg

well got the new lindall gold brake pads on, new wheel bearings, new rubber, powdered rotors and levers, then just spent some time making her shine up nice again
Bike looks great with the new black and chrome, replaced the exhaust gaskets as well cause i had an extra set in the shop... Dad is pleased! merry Christmas! *please do not bust my balls about the reflectors... he insisted they stay on... convinced him that when he gets back from the Keys that i will polish them if he takes them off... so it is a win win*

F rotor
2jxfmg.jpg

2vlsdgk.jpg

levers and chrome switch housings
nxl0th.jpg

o06snk.jpg

whole bike:
10dzc3p.jpg

Joe, you're a well-trained son!
I hope my kids will want to do stuff like this when they're older. It'll save me lots of shop time... ;D

Heck yeah Joe!

I had the exact paint scheme bike in a superglide for years an loved it. Great gift bro.

BTW, when it comes time to do the fairing, lemme know, I know where a couple of Ultra Classic fairings are (local buddy at an HD dealership). Probably can get them fairly reasonable.

ha ha ha now i get tortured! he is almost to FL by now... ill get pic messages of him and mom in the keys, marco island, hwy 1, key largo... for the next 2 weeks! haters!!!

Back
Top Bottom