thets class this joint up... get the loud bikes and whiskey...

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
So the lovely little suburban burg I call home has a car show every year, as do many places. Unlike many places though, it has the greatest name ever: the BEAVER FEVER CAR SHOW. Seriously... Its kinda cool, they shut down the whole main drag, and a lot of cars show up. Mostly old guys with their billet barges and trailer queens, but there are some cool rides. One thing I notice every year though is the glaring absence of any decent bikes. There are bikes, but 99% are stock Harleys, douches on "custom" street bikes, or god awful "choppers" with $20g paintjobs. So consider this an open invite to anyone in riding distance. Lets crash this son of a bitch. C'mon, wouldnt you love to see the look on all the faces of all the locals as you roll in on your too loud, homebuilt racer or bobber? Theres some great bars and restauraunts in the area to hang at after, a few hotels nearby, and some BEAUTIFUL roads to hit up as well. Lets do it guys and gals. Itll be a blast. Its free to get into also. If we gat there early enough we can all park em' together in one of the parks on main street. Whos in? Its usually in the first week in August.

http://www.beaverpa.us/

How far is it from the 'Burgh? As much as I hate the Steelers, I love Pittsburgh. This would be more motivation for me to get my bike going. I am actually heading to Pitt with the wife and some friends at the end of January. Gotta stock up on Yuengling while I am there!

Von,

You can count me in. I'll bring my son too. When you get a chance, give me some ideas for a hotel to stay while my hangover goes away!

Scott

It's about a 25 minute shot down 60. Maybe 35 minutes. And I doubt anybody would need a hotel, there should be a couple of places to sober up at!

Von, where is it exactly in Beaver? I can't remember off the top of my head. But count me in as long as I'm off work

Its approx. 40 min north west of the city. Its a cool show. Not really that big. Runs about 5 blocks down the main street and down the side streets. One of the cool things is the parks though. Beaver is known for the 4 parks that mark the 4 corners of "downtown". They are beautiful, and they let everyone just pull right up onto the grass under the massive shade trees. It would be a blast to see some great bikes there.

Big R said:
It's about a 25 minute shot down 60. Maybe 35 minutes. And I doubt anybody would need a hotel, there should be a couple of places to sober up at!

Von, where is it exactly in Beaver? I can't remember off the top of my head. But count me in as long as I'm off work
Right down the main drag. They shut it down for the day. You would just take the Beaver exit off of 60 and go straight until you see the cars.

ill come for sure. even though ive only been gone from my beloved pittsburgh for 7 months i miss it dearly. for the most part. i DONT miss the hills in the winter, though.

von, where are you at in pittsburgh?

mikeadamstattoo said:
ill come for sure. even though ive only been gone from my beloved pittsburgh for 7 months i miss it dearly. for the most part. i DONT miss the hills in the winter, though.

von, where are you at in pittsburgh?
Im actually in Beaver PA, 40 min north of the city. I work in the northside though. When I lived in Pitt I was in Oakland, right on Semple Street.

Back
Top Bottom