Soda Blaster: The Ghetto Blaster

Represto

Over 1,000 Posts
I decided to make a low-low-budget soda blaster. It's based on THIS design but it's for those sorry bastards that don't have their own air compressor.

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

I built it out of tubing and a basketball air pin thingy. I just walked down to the corner gas station to use their free air compressor. It worked...for a second or so. I think I just need a bit thicker tube and it'd be good to go.

Strip the paint and polish (no paint), replace all surface mount switches with proper stomp switches, replace LEDs with blue water clears and maybe the volume drop mod if I can figure out which resistors needs to be replaced.

I've seen some little 5 gallon air tanks before - no compressor, just gotta take it to the gas station to fill it up with air.

running on a 5 gallon low pressure fill tank won't give you much blast time :mad:

Try a high pressure SCUBA cylinder with a regulator and fill attachment connected to the low pressure inlator hose. This will work great for your rig and it is easily portable! :)

It may be as expensive or even more to buy the SCUBA stuff and kept filling it than a compressor, but if you have a friend in SCUBA they surely won't mind you barrowing it during the winter! Or you may find a SCUBA shop that will rent you the setup longterm for cheap during the winter! The filler attachment for the Low pressure inflator hose is cheap if you know someone with the rest or can find a place to rent from. I was a SCUBA instructor for many years and I use a small cylender for many things around the shop and house with the attachment as I said. You can use it just like a commpressor. The larger your cylinder the better, and make sure its a high pressure cylinder. I have many cylenders in many sizes so it is real easy for me. The most common and cheapest cylinder would be the aluminum 80 cubic foot, it operates at 3000psi. The regulator will break that down to a nice blasting pressure of 110 to 125psi.

This may be an option, maybe it will help!

Back
Top Bottom