CB750 No Plunger Hellride Freedom Machine

Re: CB750 No Plunger Hellride

The chain tensioner is slick. I dig that it even uses the cool Peralta wheel. I hope this bike makes it to Barber.

canyoncarver said:
The chain tensioner is slick. I dig that it even uses the cool Peralta wheel. I hope this bike makes it to Barber.
Thanks, homie. I have every intention of bringing this to Barber.

Pete12 said:
Sweet, when are you starting on that :D

Haha. 2033, or next summer. My brother and I both have one from my dad. His was the one dad drove in high school. Mine is one he traded for a flatbed of creosote fencing lumber in 1981. Not having a garage and my mother sick of a bunch of cars, boats and campers littering the property got my bro and I an early inheritance. It sat under a black walnut tree untouched for 30 years so, needless to say, it needs a lot of work.

Great story, and whether it's next summer or 2033, I'm looking forward to it. Always been a Mopar fan, unfortunately we didn't get any of those in Australia,
Apologies for the thread hijack..

Got my new vin plate from Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 181

I've never made a tensioner....chain wont wander on the wheel since there's no grooves?

cbrianroll said:
I've never made a tensioner....chain wont wander on the wheel since there's no grooves?
It needs to be wide enough to keep it on the wheel, and the wheel will develop a groove that keeps the chain inline. Some guys on the Hondachopper forum say a tensioner is noisy or no good. We'll see. One guy used a sprocket tensioner and claims it makes the chain wear faster. He went to a static tensioner with an adjustment. The other guy decided to go without a tensioner at all. So, neither was like mine. The spring doesn't have a crazy rate. In fact it's not much at all. The wheel is really to keep the chain from slapping around, much like an idler pulley on a car. They don't exert a whole lot of force on the belt, and neither will this tensioner.

MiniatureNinja said:
How did you come by that vin tag?
http://www.khneisser.ch/

I have a registered and titled frame. I'm just transferring the numbers to this chopper.

no that's just good information I have a registed and titled bike but the tag is really messed up

I made a stainless battery box, so I can make an attempt to install my Shorai LiFePo, wiring and electronics under the tank and in the tunnel.

77150-300718180112-41822267.jpeg

77150-300718180114-4184317.jpeg

Been telling myself all summer that I want to try to learn to hand stitch leather. I'm not one to practice on scraps or random shit. I just jump in with two feet. I figure, If i fuck it up, I'll just do it again. So, my first attempt at a hand stitched leather seat...

77150-310718220604-41891185.jpeg

77150-310718220603-41861236.jpeg

It's an Italian leather my mentor, friend, former boss, and graduate advisor, Nick Kripal, gave me 7 years ago. He passed away last year from pancreatic cancer, so I knew it was time to do something proper with this skin.

If that's your first try, I'm really looking forward to seeing your next one. Looks great man!!

Awesome homage to your mentor. You could buy any seat out there and still not have one with that much value.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, y’all. I sanded and burnished the edges, which I should’a done before the previous pics. It cleans it up a lot. Also, rubbed it in mink oil to help make it waterproof.

Next item I lucked out with is a Henry Abe breadbox air filter. It had rust on the face which polished out decently enough. Cost me $45 shipped from a dude on Hondachopper.com.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 178
Back
Top Bottom