My Sons 82 Kawi KZ750 Brat "Tricz R 4 Kidz"

Re: My Sons 82 Kawi 750 LTD Brat to be

Alright, got the wheels painted today...........

Attachments

• kawi wheels 002.JPG
    kawi wheels 002.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 194
  • kawi wheels 003.JPG
    kawi wheels 003.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 194

Man, you have to warn people before posting pics that bright!

They do look good though.

LOL yeah right..........the kid wanted to do red wheels with black tins until I told him about my idea with green wheels and................

Well we might have hit a snag, I sandblasted the tank and it is in good shape but with three dents and that is the issue, I really need an undented tank for the finish that we are looking to achieve so I need to try to come up with a different tank.

Scored a good tank on Ebay yesterday so I'll be putting some more pics up soon, fenders are ready for paint, frame paint should be done today as well as some wiring issues, more to come, soon.

Re: My Sons 82 Kawi KZ 750 Brat...Tricz R 4 Kidz

That's right, new name, it's already painted on the bike.........LOL Got the paint done today ready for the urethane clearcoat, either tomorrow or Tuesday. I will try to get pics and post them up to show what we have so far. The bike is basically done just needs the tins reinstalled.

Alright we got it done and he rode a little over a hundred miles yesterday........overall this was a two month build, hope y'all like it, i know I would have loved one like this when I was 17 !

Attachments

• 108.JPG
    108.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 117.JPG
    117.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 228
More pics........

Attachments

• 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    315 KB · Views: 209
  • 109.JPG
    109.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    361.7 KB · Views: 232
Tryin to show a better view of the bare metal finish.........
I guess that you can enlarge pics by clicking on them as well.

Attachments

• 118.JPG
    118.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    442.7 KB · Views: 185
These are to show rear turn signal on....and off, he is quite proud of them....LOL

Attachments

• 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 252
The bike looks great. I'm very impressed with how much it has changed its appearance with so little. (I hope you don't take that in a bad way.)

Will you be adding the sidecover back on the other side? I'm a fan of having both covers if you're goin to have covers, never cared for the look of exposed stuff still their, i'm sure you will, i know it probably isn't 100% perfect/completed just yet.

Keep this bike up and going, I really do enjoy its looks, next time around, I want to build a bike with simplicity in mind, not a specific style in mind.

Thanks, no I totally agree, it really was a rather simple build, the most time was spent on the paint and airbrush work. Chimera, yes we have both side covers on, the are both shown in the pics, I didn't realize that I snuck one in without a side cover........oh well.
Juggernaut, they were an ebay purchase at least a year ago, they can always be found on there and pretty inexpensive as I recall. I just remembered, if you can't find any let me know, I still have two of those like on the rear of his bike, I'll probably never use them. Thet have double sided tape on the back and they seem to stick great.

Thanks

Here is a before and after...........

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 116.JPG
    116.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 2,209
woah those are some blue pipes.
dimecity sells some stuff called blue job that might help you...
also some people spray high temp paint into the headers
some suggest to start the bike for a min.. off for a min on for a min.. cycle through that for 15 mins.. supposely it builds up enough soot to coat the pipes while also letting the heat dissapate through the system

a proper tune helps out even more.

i have a kz650 with a brand new vance and hines.. no blue yet.. knocks on wood

Thanks guys, Beard, good luck on that new pipe. Let me know how it looks after one season of riding or say four thousand miles or so. That pipe is a one year old Vance and Hines that was on the bike when we bought it, blue and all. I also have the receipt from the shop that installed the dynojet stage three, as well as the extra jets. When tuning I read the plugs not the pipes. I will say that over the years, about the only ways to keep pipes from bluing, that I have found are, thermal coating, paint(inside and out), and covering with heat shields. I have tried many methods, but the bottom line is, if you ride then your chrome or stainless pipes are going to discolor, just my experience, not saying that there are no exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom