76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, before & after

DesmoBro said:
.....now I want a high speed beer holder.... cool bike man
Thanks, I found a pair of smaller diameter aluminum bottles...Got me thinkin "dual" polished bottles. 2 pack.
also I posted some "show offs" on "show n shine"
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37737.0
and more pics on my blog
http://1976hondacb360t.blogspot.com/

truck500.jpg

Found a couple aluminum bottles I could use for the NOS toolbox. The prototype bottle has worked out great.
and the reactions / comments, amazing.
But these aluminum bottles would polish up real nice. and two would have to be twice as cool. One for tools and one for cold beverage. but I would have to buy another $10 valve.

alumbottles.jpg

crazypj said:
Well, how did it run compared to the 400? ;)

Ha...the 400 was a little quicker but I wasnt embarrassed...I did have to clean the carbs on Sunday morning and that helped. ALOT, but didnt get alot of riding after that. Still had shavings hiding in the 35 jets. those holes are just to darn small. But now I believe I got em all. The twin sounds like a tractor running next to that smooth 4. LOL, he could build rpms quicker and could still go a little further (faster mph) between shifts, (gearing)
Ill get him next time...Im not about to give up now!!!! I could keep w him better than I thought I would. But, off the record Im not exactly sure he knew we were racing.....LOL.
and we rode alot in town looking for pic locations. only a couple miles of open 2 lane.
We are definitely going to get more serious about Barber this fall.
Go leave a nice comment on my new "show n shine" post

dude the new pictures are amazing! i love the photography. Congrats your bike is now the background on my phone lol

Got my Video done...in Show n shine

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37737.0

crazypj said:
Cool little vid
Thanks PJ. Aint no 150 mph in heavy traffic mayhem. but I thought it came out pretty well. For an old elevator man and an old Honda. We were hitting 80-85 on the straight. I love how mitchs 400four sounds when hes going through gears to catch me.
Also, I normally wear a helmet out on the 2 lane, but it was 95 degrees and all worked out ok....this time. LOL

i was going to comment on the helmet thing but i figured id let it slid lol i'm just glad your head didnt

It aint my head, but I wasn't going to comment until someone else did ::)
I always wear gloves and boots however hot it gets (except for round the 'yard' which is mostly grass (well, dead leaves and clippings ;D )
I just bought an ATV 'body armor', mesh and plastic. Not sure how or if it's going to work?

crazypj said:
It aint my head, but I wasn't going to comment until someone else did ::)
I always wear gloves and boots however hot it gets (except for round the 'yard' which is mostly grass (well, dead leaves and clippings ;D )
I just bought an ATV 'body armor', mesh and plastic. Not sure how or if it's going to work?

When we left that morning we had just planned on filming zipping round town. Then near the end of ride. Mitch took off down 2 lane... I know im making excuses. But I woulda wore helmet and boots if that had been the plan. I do normally . i had a bad experience w bugs one evening last summer...YUCK.

Did you want 55, 60 or 65 primary mains?
I'm making them now ;D

Dude! I was looking through the pics. I gotta say.....this one is just plain cool.

Attachments

• truck500.jpg
    truck500.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 788

Thanks for looking and When I told my bro to get one w that cool ass old truck he looked at me like I was an idiot. I like it too. And I think I made him take one of the truck alone. Ill see if I have it.

AzHonda said:
Dude! I was looking through the pics. I gotta say.....this one is just plain cool.

Heres 2 more of that truck.

truck1.jpg

truck.jpg

Re: T.G.R.C. tank clean trick WORKS, 76 CB360, before & after

Today I shoulda just stood in bed !!!!
I put new needles in this morning. Fresh full tank of fuel. Test ride. bike hiccups and keeps getting worse. fuel filters full of bubbles !!!! GRRRRRRR. So limp her home. I am not convinced its crap in the tank...as far as I can see it looks pretty darn clean in there. But I am at my end. Prep for ripping tank off bike. And POP. pulling the line off the fuel tap....
CIMG1658.jpg

Anyway...Whats ANOTHER freakin $40 bucks!?!?!?

So I get tank off. Dump a gallon of good carb cleaner in her and let her soak for a couple hours. Drained cleaner out and it looks just like it went in CLEAN. Blasted inside of tank w soapy water and garden hose like 10 times to ensure nothing FLAMMABLE was left in there. Then I borrowed a trick from "The Giant Robot Company" two scoops of pea gravel...and its in the clothes dryer for an hour. I placed a piece of tape over the vent hole in gas cap.

CIMG1656.jpg

Im sorry I didnt get a pic of the TON of shit that came out of tank when I rinsed it. It was flat out EMBARRASSING. RUSTY MUD!!! And not a little a shit load, the water was almost thick w it !!!! I should have run her in dryer for another 3 hours after that. But I didnt. I did find the problem though. Several big chunks of old rubber fuel tap O-ring material floating around in there. Its pretty damn clean now. This is the only way to clean a tank...Thanks "Giant Robot Company"
Now spray some WD40 in tank to hold off rust and just waiting for ups to arrive w new fuel tap.
ALSO the magnet I placed in the fuel bowl...WORKED. it collected a bunch of crap. I pulled the rare earth magnet out of an old hard drive. Just use a pair of pliers to snap it to the length you need to fit bowl.

Back
Top Bottom