Hønen & Ræven customs - Ayrton Senna customer build

Mekai

Hi,
We are a small company from Denmark, 2 guys, a 54 m2 garage and a lot of beer.

This is the first build for our little shop in Denmark, a client wanted us to build a Brat/Cafe bike with a Ayrton Senna theme.

We found a XS400 in Germany and brought it to DK for tear-down and assessment.
2nk8cww.jpg

Did at complete stripdown of the engine.
1ypdgo.jpg

Ported the engine
2j3seba.jpg

Shaved unnecessary brackets and welded a new rear end (Hoop) with a 20 degree kick
2yvtnbd.jpg

2crkkms.jpg

Painted the engine with VHT Engine paint.
2vdp5au.jpg

Next step is getting the last stuff mounted on the frame (rear set, licensplate brackets, passenger footrest, get the frame sandblasted and powder coated, assemble the engine with new timing chain, bearings, seals and gaskets.

The deadline for the bike is February.

#UPDATE 24/11-15#
Got some work done to the seat pan, and tested the rear set mounting.

2qsm7ba.jpg

155jdjs.jpg

2naiucm.jpg

Pretty happy with the 100$ rear set that i got of eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/b-CAFE-RACER-REAR-SETS-IN-BLACK-ALLOY-NEW-FREE-P-P-/262003705701?hash=item3d00a34765:g:9QYAAOSwLVZVzKVY

I´m going to shave quite a bit more of the seat pan when i get some more flapdisc´s 1.5mm stainless takes a toll on my anglegrinder :)

UPDATE 11/02-16

It´s a new year and we need to get cracking.

We finished all the wiring and the rest of the framework.

The original wiring was filled with rotten wires and backyard fixes, so we needed to start over.
First off we made a box for the LiPo battery, relays and such.
2i24yvq.jpg

The client wanted a usb output, and we wanted a clean "dashboard" so his phone becomes the speedo, and the 3 leds are indicator, oil press and neutral.
s5yaub.jpg

9890z6.jpg

2rxjgpj.jpg

Next up is powder coating of the frame, and shipping the tank of the painter.
The deadline is 28/03-16

Got all the engine parts, including the last 6 crankshaft bearings in that tolerance, in the world (I hope) they cost me 300$ including shipping for 6 pcs.

So I assembled the engine and will try to fire it tomorrow
opsrr5.jpg

Got a complete stainless bolt kit.
Gives the engine a great look.

20zxnj9.jpg

65wihe.jpg

16ibb49.jpg

#UPDATE - 7/4-2016#
So the powder coat had to be redone, and ended up taking over 3 weeks, deadline gone :mad:

But anyway, now the assembly begins, and hopefully the tank and seat is done before the end of this month.
237c49.jpg

Its not true flat black, a bit more glossy that usual, im really happy with the result.
15wfn8j.jpg

2mqro68.jpg

#UPDATE 06/09-16#

OP here, i am happy to se more positive people in here than negative!

The build is done...

I just finished up the last few details tonight, getting parts for this thing has been a bi***
You are only getting pics from a couple of weeks ago when the bike was missing a few details (Filters, cleanup of wires ect.)
Ill get back to you when i get some pro pictures down.

Thanks for your support!!!

OH and by the way, same springs, same tyre, my fat ass (110kg) NO CLEARANCE ISSUES WHAT SO EVER....

24p9slh.jpg

oh45nc.jpg

Please dont hesitate if you have any questions.

Senna themed? As in dead? I'm joking, we like to joke around here.

Senna is the man. You doing Brazilian colors, McLaren colors? What's the plan?

Sav0r said:
Senna themed? As in dead? I'm joking, we like to joke around here.

Senna is the man. You doing Brazilian colors, McLaren colors? What's the plan?

Everything black with details from hos helmet.
But it's a struggle to find yellow parts, I might just powder coat the carbs, instead of getting yellow pod filters, can't seem to find them anywhere.

Rear tire clearance is inadequate. The proximity of your 'kick' does almost nothing to address this. Hope to see you fix it.

DohcBikes said:
Rear tire clearance is inadequate. The proximity of your 'kick' does almost nothing to address this. Hope to see you fix it.

Stiffer spring and a smaller tyre height.

Yeah, I seriously doubt anyone is paying you to half ass their bike. Do it right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Calling it half assed is rude and totally uncalled for. There could be a variety of reasons to do it this way. Time and money could be those reasons. If theres no budget, dont do it. Simple as that. As long as the customer knows the downsides of a tight budget it is fine

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom