guernz's custom

guernz

Been Around the Block
I just found this site today. Seen some pretty trick stuff. Here is my bike project so far. All I have built is the front end. The frame is going to be one of my summer projects. For the engine, I plan on using a dual carb pan head engine I have been collecting parts for. Let me know what you guys think.

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

It's been a slow going project but I will try to keep some updated pics rolling. guernz

Re: guernz's custum

WOW is all i can say, your a very cleaver chap :) loving the light.

Aw, you had me at billet. I suppose I'm in.

That headlight looks great. What does a chunk of billet that size cost?

I think the fork legs were a little over a $100 per side. Not positive. My boss gave them to me. All the other pieces I pulled from the scrap bin. I always check the scrap bin for alum that I can use.

I look forward to seeing the bike with some of these pieces. Good work

If I understand correctly, the whole triple clamp actually slides on the spindle when the suspension compresses?
Or will the handlebars also move when the suspension compresses?
That headlight is a beautiful thing.

I'm assuming these parts were cnc'd?
That'd be a lot of work on a manual mill...

The handlebars will go up and down when the forks use its travel. It will be a real rough ride. About 1.0" of travel. I was going to build a gurter style front end but I wanted to keep the bike short as possible and this is different. Kinda off the wall.

I did machine eveything on CNC's. The neck is the next step so I can start bending the frame tubing up. I might machine the headlight mounts next before I lose intrest. I've got way to many projects. :p

VonYinzer said:
Holy shit... Nice. Would love to see a pic of that motor...

All I have for the engine so far are the heads, flywheel assembly, a cam, 38mm mikuni carbs and a trick set of cast rocker covers. I have to buy my engine cases and build a transmission. I thought about machining a set of cases. Alot of work.

THIS NOT THE FRAME I AM GOING TO USE!!!!!
I'm just using it for a mock up. I plan on starting to build it soon.

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

Wow! Now that's an ambitious project. Completely one off machines are in a class of their own. Subscribed! Cool that you've got access to the tooling and offcuts! 8)

I've been thinking about changing the plan. I think I want to save my Pan head engine for a stripped down bobber for the wife and I. This is the engine I've been stuck on the last couple days. I'm just kinda thinking out loud. Some hand welded tuners, a billet transmission case housing some casette style tranny, perimeter frame, dirt track wheels.......
part_96_KGrHqVlME6B2nKCCwBOsklhzQ60_57.jpg

It,s a 500 thats been tweaked some. I'm thinking it should put out 80-90 horse maybe. My only concern would be getting it registered. I know I could build a transmission to it and a frame around it. A 80 horsepower 2-stroke 2 cylinder on the street. It would be crazy.

guernz said:
It,s a 500 thats been tweaked some. I'm thinking it should put out 80-90 horse maybe. My only concern would be getting it registered. I know I could build a transmission to it and a frame around it. A 80 horsepower 2-stroke 2 cylinder on the street. It would be crazy.

Look up BradJs RD350... You'll enjoy that... Haha.

Back
Top Bottom