KZ550 bob/Cafe almost there!!!

Re: KZ550 bob/chop/cafe?

Thanks guys. Redneck: yeah, I got lucky with mine, as we've lived together for 3 years now...so not a whole lot SHOULD change! haha. And thanks Clem, I'm very pumped to have the wheels on it again, and I am really glad I don't have to hand sand/polish those bastards anymore.

Yup. Theres more pics. HA.

Spent some time with my friend who paints. I'll call him "Painter Dave" for now!

Painter Dave making the tank look pretty after all the hammering I've done to it... ::)

KZprojectpic120PainterDave.jpg

SMOOOOOTTHHHHH Stoked for the flush mount bung! No more ugly square boxy thing on top!
KZprojectpic119Flushcap.jpg

Tail piece also much less hammered looking now!
KZprojectpic121tailsand.jpg

So, we'll see what we come up with tonight, but I think I'm going with an old hot rod matte black with matte clear (or flat clear, however you want to say it) and some old school pin striping from another painter friend of his. Seriously can't wait. Going to be a great night!

Pin striping guy wasn't able to get here today, so I think this is about what she'll look like for the wedding. Not fully finished, but you get the idea! Now I'm going to bed. :p

Attachments

• KZprojectpic124pipeson.JPG
    KZprojectpic124pipeson.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 370

Ok ok , the honeymoon is over. Back to motorbikes!!!! Since I didn't need the electrics in for the wedding (they wouldn't let me put a battery in or anything) it's time to toss those back in and get this thing so I can ride it after it snows this weekend! Ha! I still have to get my stuff to the pinstriping guy, but that will be when I have some money from selling other projects it seems. Back to it!

I am in a rash to get mine done before my wedding! Ha!

Congrats on the marriage and glad you are getting right back into the build.

It's looking pretty sweet. Love the fact that you hammered out the tank, but what I really like is the skeletal underpinnings of that seat! Friggin' awesome. Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot man! I finished up the electrical on the 20th, headlight works great, fires up and sounds awesome, and just finished the hall sensor and magnet so if it stops raining this week I'll be able to see if the speedometer works! I hooked up the neutral and oil light on my Acewell too. Last thing is the seat cover, which my lovely wife is going to make for me...since she said she's going to ride this thing until I finish a mild cafe/resto on her 1988 CBR600 F1 Hurricane!

KZprojectpic125WIREDUP.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZraArsLG58&context=C436cf2cADvjVQa1PpcFOteu-wIKB42Jd2VvtdPxr0NcvPI7L-nI8=

pancakecircus said:
Very cool looking.. nice and clean.

Not sure how clean it is up close :eek: But thanks!

And thanks Justin!

Got insurance 10 minutes ago....so I'm going to take her our for the maiden voyage err...test ride! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, she stalled on me about a mile out! haha (figures) I had a wire pull out. So plugged it back in and it wasnt bad! Only had a few minutes because the wife said she was cooking my favorite...beef pot roast! So...I'll see about getting a vid of it out and about by the weekend...which is supposed to be very nice! Thanks to all that had input, I'm not done, but it is drivable, which is pretty cool after having it apart for damn near 2 years. 8)

ANNNNDDD POW! Seat. I put it on wrong, (completely fixable, as I pulled the rear too far) but it will stay that way until the NEXT rainy day! Nice to have some cush on the toosh. Thanks again to my lovely wife, who is set to get this bike when done, so I can work on "her" bike! haha. Next up is the front fender (in one of the pics) to cut and make it NOT purple....haha. And finishing up the rear dirt guard I have been holding on to for a while.

KZprojectpic126Seatcover.jpg

KZprojectpic127Seatcover.jpg

KZprojectpic129Seatcover.jpg

KZprojectpic128Seatcover.jpg

Andoor- your 360 is amazing. Lots of detailed work in that thing. I really like it!

I posted some vids up, but I'm not sure if you can see them without going to Facebook :-\ My computer doesn't like phone vids, so I just uploaded them from my phone. See if these work. Let me know if it does please. The first one is my wife taking it for one little test ride around the U shaped block. Then the second vid is of her leaving to go teach yoga...pretty sweet when she rolls up to yoga classes on this bad boy! haha.

Here's the fixed version Andoor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP-ajIjsvCI&feature=youtu.be First Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1x22yiAMk&feature=youtu.be Her leaving!

Great job, thanks for the video's, but I think you just lost your bike to your wife. Guess you'll have to build you one now ;D.

Its the truth. But she only stole it because I sold her bike last fall ::)

I'll consider this build pretty much done. When fully done I'll put the build in the show and shine section! Thanks for all that have watched and participated, this was my first build and I now feel like I've got a lot more to do on the next builds!

Bruno

Looks amazing! Sounds good too!

That's awesome that your wife is an avid rider.
My fiance and I are taking a course together so when I get her a bike we can ride together.

Again, excellent work!

Back
Top Bottom