Rear Brake Linkage v2

mrmj2u

When I purchased this bike, it had already been converted by someone else from a standard 1975 Honda CB500T to a Cafe Style bike.

From the beginning, I've hated the rear brake linkage as it was nothing more than a bar. There was an issue with it returning to the neutral position and nothing to hold the bar in place on the hub lever.

IMG_3895.JPG

So to start my project, I purchased a stock linkage off of ebay. This is what I got:

stock%252Blinkage.jpg

Took my dremel out (since thats the only cutting tool I have)... And chopped the pedal off of it.
Got a piece of 3/4" x 1/8" plain flat steel bar from home depot and bent it as best I could using a 3lb. hammer and a chisel...

IMG_3941.jpg

Next I drilled a couple of holes in the new flat bar and into the stock bevel, and married the two with a set of nuts and bolts:

IMG_3946.jpg

Here it is after painting and reinstalled on the bike

IMG_3947.JPG

Waiting on a linkage from DCC to connect the new lever to the rear set... What do you guys think?

This is meant to be a prototype, as I would like to get something more elegant machined once I make sure that its going to work correctly.

UPDATE: Finished Product

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

you have the right idea but you need thicker stronger metal
i think you will find it flexes too much
great excecution thouh

Back
Top Bottom