Lifan 150cc big-bore kit: Installation

d672c8474158bf54ee6ec683341b3173.jpg

Exhaust port
d7f04d88c793e0d54b476a8bb8c7853b.jpg

Intake

Not quite done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ridge in the roof is needed, found out the hard way when I removed all of it and broke through to the valve spring land.

Hey Ruben,

What is the top speed now?
You are still running the stock carb (with bigger jets?)?
I want to go for exactly the same big bore kit.
But i want a bigger carb.
Did you had to wait a long time for the ooracing parts to arrive?

Cheers,

Red Ace

Hey Red Ace,

My top speed hasn't changed a lot. It's still around 110-115 kmh but it gets there a lot faster. I'm almost 95kg so that's not too bad for the bike. It's a lot more fun to ride now
I'm not using the big valve head because I didn't get it to run right (couldn't get it over 8000 rpm and no top power) Once I changed back to the original head everything was OK. I'm not the only one with this setup.
I'm still running the stock carb with 48-100 jets in it. Not quite sure how much gain to expect from a bigger carb.

Everything I've ordered from Ooracing always arrives within a few days.

Keep us posted,
Veel succes met het installeren en misschien tot binnenkort,

Ruben

Red Ace said:
Hey Ruben,

What is the top speed now?
You are still running the stock carb (with bigger jets?)?
I want to go for exactly the same big bore kit.
But i want a bigger carb.
Did you had to wait a long time for the ooracing parts to arrive?

Cheers,

Red Ace

Hey Red
As Rubén says, there is nothing to be gained from a bigger carb. The stock sized carb is used on 125/150/200 models and seems to be the right one. The only major development with the fuel delivery that has been made is with the Brazillian Honda Titan CGs which have fuel injection.
These OHV engines NEED back pressure! A full bore manifold helps but the silencer/muffler needs to not exceed the internal diametre of the manifold. If you create a pressure drop all power gains go out the window and you will just create noise.

Guys,
Interesting read!
I'm not an Ace owner, but I am considering one.
Has anyone bothered to dyno an Ace before and after the 150bore/125head and jetting?
Just wondering.
Probably makes much more than my 77 CD175!

I went with a different carb because it had easier tuning in mid range. Needle is not easy to move with stock carb. Standard size is ok. Saw no real horsepower gain with change in carb

Excellent! The dyno doesn't lie.
Glad you are having success with the bigger valve head.

Sadly I can't fit my 125 head on yet as I am working( damn job gets in the way 12-14 hrs days 4 on 4 off). Will see what happens Friday I hope ! Unshrouded around valves, port job done , yet to Machine 15 thou off . If I get really carried I will raise the floors of the ports a bit to straighten out the flow as the roof has been lifted a lot . I am hoping for the gains you have seen on top of my other playing around. Should see a bit more than 10 hp as in my dyno charts from last year

As an update on motor with shaved head. Went brilliant. Worst luck half the left engine cover is on the freeway. Half way through building a new ace. May not have time or money to put on dyno before speed week. I'm healing up ok .

Btw was knocked off my bike by another bike on freeway during local Christmas toy run.

125 head now on in new block, 150 bore used a 10 thou head gasket instead of the 50 thou paper composite gasket. Runs ok . Can't ride yet due to my dickie knee. I'll get my test pilot to ride it soon. Sounds the bees knees. Running Brazilian cam with no change to cam timing. 18 front and 34 rear sprockets. Defiantly not a wheel stander. Sorting out my road lights so it can go out and play before the salt.

Hi everyone, I've sourced a 150cc kit from OOR and looking for a good install guide for a novice. This looks ideal but Stroker Crazy's photos seemed to have been moved/archived. Any chance of them being reposted or recommendations for a guide to installation that can be found elsewhere? cheers.

Back
Top Bottom