cb360 in a mini van

zeebo271

Hello,

First time poster so please forgive me if I am in the wrong place....I need to transport a stock 1976 ( I think that is the year) cb360. Do you think it will fit in the back of a kia Sedona minivan with the 3rd row seats stowed and the second row seats removed? I'm thinking I'll need to remove or a least lower the handle bars, but I may also need to removed the wheels.....Why all of this? Its a long story, but I need to get the bike on long island and bring it back to Tampa......Id rather not drag a trailer back and forth, and one way on a rental is expensive. Just figured I'd try to get an idea before I make the trip....
Actually if anyone has one could you tell me the height to the top of the tank, length, and width?

Thanks for any info and help!
After I get it down here I'm thinking of trying a café or dirt track type thing to it....not sure yet.

Sure it will fit. You may not roll it straight in. Bars down, wheel off. But it will go in no problem.

And here I thought you were talking about putting a CB360 motor in a little Kei "mini" mini van from overseas...
Oops, me dumb.
Pat.

Ive seen triumphs rolled into the back of the new style grand caravans without removing wheels but I think they flipped the bars. You should be able to shoe horn it in. Maybe ask the seller for some dimensions so you can measure your van?

....A mini van would be nice....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 249
It WILL fit, one way or another. 8)

Either with the bars rolled down and the rear shocks unhooked on the bottom.
Or that and the front wheel pulled off.
Or with the front pulled off altogether at the pivot. ;)

Don't forget to drain the float bowl. ::) damhik

I wondered the same thing about my Astro. I measured a CL350 with the mirrors off. It was 44" tall. The minivan should be taller than that inside, but feel free to measure yours. If you take the mirrors off, you might be ok. May have to lean it to the side, so be sure to put a tarp down as these old bikes like to mark their spot, which won't win you any awards with the rest of the family ;)

I have had 2 DT250's and parts of a BSA chopper in my Scion xB.

Yes, a motorcycle will definitely fit in a minivan.

thats a 72 cb350f in the back of a VW passat wagon. Took front tire off, flipped handle bars down and it had a flat rear tire which might have helped. So in a mini van should be no problem

Astro/Safari is a great bike hauling platform. Wish I still had ours but at almost 300,000 miles it was starting to cost too much in repairs.

Pop the passenger seats out and a GT750 plus spare pipes, tools and race gas travel in style to the dyno shop. If I need to ship much more than that and trailer is not an option, rent a van from Enterprise - very cost effective.

But a bike will easily fit in the smallest car> I have shipped a BSA Goldie and CB72 at different times in a Hillman Imp. Not sure quite how that worked out, but it did.

Friend of ours has a Honda Element and his RS125 race bike goes straight in the back door seemingly without and issues.

I've hauled my cb350 in a metro hatchback, it'll fit just as others have said, take some of the subassemblies off and all will go well

1969Honda said:
I've hauled my cb350 in a metro hatchback, it'll fit just as others have said, take some of the subassemblies off and all will go well

I think we have a winner here!

Back
Top Bottom