The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

hi guys, just a quick one.

my ace would not start on me this mornig all in a sudden with electric start, kick started ok. i think i can hear clicking noise from the slenoid starter, dont think thats a familiar sound at all. Could it be the stater? or loose wire?

joseph

hi guys, need some advices.

my ace would not start on me this morning with electric start but kick start ok. i think i can hear a funny clicking noise from the selnoid starter which i'm not hearig before. could it be the starter or loose wire?

joseph

josephau said:
hi guys, need some advices.

my ace would not start on me this morning with electric start but kick start ok. i think i can hear a funny clicking noise from the selnoid starter which i'm not hearig before. could it be the starter or loose wire?

joseph

I would suspect a poorly grounded wire or dead/dying battery. Typically the starter solenoid will click on start attempts when it isn't receiving enough power ;)

Strange that this should be my first post... I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the entirety of this thread and I'm keeping my eye out for an Ace.

krazed0451 said:
I would suspect a poorly grounded wire or dead/dying battery.

Don't forget the earth connection on the left side of the motor near the drive sprocket cover. Mine vibrated loose a couple of times.

krazed0451 said:
Strange that this should be my first post...

A good way to start!

Where are you from? There may someone on this forum who can point you toward an 'Ace'.

Crazy

Hey all, looking at getting some oils, lubricants, etc. would love some recommendations on the topic. Want to keep my bike running smooth

Oil discussions on other forums get long, detailed and heated! One thing all agree on is lubricating (whether it is engine oil or the chain) at regular intervals and not letting the task drift. Personally I have fallen for, what some see as, the hype around the top fully (not semi) synthetic oils. The 10w40 one I can get hold of in Christchurch is from Amsoil. For the chain I use a spray on one which has a bit of wax in it so it doesn't sling off everywhere. For the cables I just use whatever is around via the plastic bag method.

These engines were designed with the thought that they would be neglected, so as long as you don't use car oil in the engine and keep to a regular service schedule, I don't think you can go far wrong .

The other gunk to get is some anti seize compound for when you replace the bolts with nice stainless steel ones :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My preference is for mineral oil during the run-in period and fully synthetic subsequently.

As 2b said, regularity is the key!

The importance of using anti-seize grease can't be overemphasised, particularly for stainless bolts into alloy castings.

Crazy

Hi guys first time poster so be kind

I have been thinking about getting an ace for a while now and rang up a few dealers in my area and got offered a limited edition 125 and wounded if you guys have heard of them or know anything about them the dealer is not sure of what's different as it's not at his shop but he did send me a picture

Attachments

• img257-1.jpg
    img257-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 257
Hi gecko,

If you're from Belgium you should contact QueenGarden. It's the official skyteam distributor in Europe. They advertise the Ace R (by QG) on their website. I suspect the changes are only cosmetic but keep us informed.

http://www.skyteammotor.com/def/?navigatieid=13&group_id=116&product_id=38

Ruben

Also found a close up of engine now this is me being a "noob" but I know something is different but I don't know what

Attachments

• $_72.JPG
    $_72.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,411
Or is there a modification that removes the pipe work to the right of the spark plug

I should also point out part of the reason for me in getting one is so I can work on it myself and learn a bit more about how it all works
So thanks for any help

Gecko

gecko said:
Or is there a modification that removes the pipe work to the right of the spark plug

I should also point out part of the reason for me in getting one is so I can work on it myself and learn a bit more about how it all works
So thanks for any help

Gecko
Hi mate, year that pipe from the motor is part of the anti pollution valve . there is a plate from ooracing (or you can make your own out of 3-4mm thick flat bar) to block off the outlet, then you need to block off the hose connected to the top of the engine inlet manifold (it goes to the valve that the pipe goes too, bolted to the frame )
i used a bolt in the hose, others have used JB weld or a small grub screw etc in the top of the inlet manifold. and made the plate up myself .
heres the ooracing part
https://www.ooracing.com/store/egr-cylinder-head-exhaust-emission-blanking-plate.html

Attachments

• DSCF5263.JPG
    DSCF5263.JPG
    926.6 KB · Views: 295
Hi Gecko, looks to me like paint/finished in black (tank, side panels, wheel hubs), fairing added and different shocks. As they haven't removed the pipework and the exhaust looks standard, there should still be plenty for you to do. But do ask Queengarden and let us all know what mods they have.

Hey guys,

I just received my answers from Queengarden in reply to the mail I've sent them on friday. These are the change they've made to the ace-R version:
-shiny black paintjob with new logo
-fairing with windshield.
-new handlebars
-gas shocks

The fairing can be purchased with windshield and brackets for 249,56 euro's.

Ruben

Back
Top Bottom