Dans CB350 Cafe build - first bike and build

Hey man, can you take some more detailed photos of how you fit the seat hoop into the frame and how u welded it up? My buddy is trying to do the same thing on a CB350. Thanks man.

Unfortunately I've already gone way past this point and hard to see now it's all painted. Essentially I cut the frame. Sat the loop all the way in wrapped the hollow frame around the tube and welded it all up.

Few developments over the past few days...

Attachments

• 2224.jpg
    2224.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 261
Engine back in the frame. Next is wheels and tyres and all bearings associated. In hindsight I should have done this way before.

Attachments

• 2265.jpg
    2265.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
Front tyre mounted today. Didn't have the proper tools so ended up dremel in the old one off then driving it down the road to mount the new one. Will take the rear down to him this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20160612_183646.jpg
    20160612_183646.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 275
If you rebuilt and painted the engine, ohaualed your forks, detabbed, hooped and painted your frame and tank, all in a week, hats off to you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I've come across my first issue. I reconnected all the electrics yesterday and have rechecked against the wiring diagram.

Now with the key out if the light is on I can start the bike.. This only happens in low beam high and no light there is no ignition. With the key in it will start with the light on any setting.

Any ideas?

If on low beam the lights also don't turn off when in "off" position on key. When I switch to high they go off.

Wow youve put me to shame, and I did not expect to see this come on so well. lol !! .. I've only just got my tires fitted and wheels lined up last night!

107242-031017064010.jpeg

Its looking great.. what you doing with the mudguards Dan?

Also engine have you sprayed it with High temp?

Finally... did you lift it in with wheels on.. or lower the frame over with engine on its side?

Cheers Mate.. keep it .. great colour

The lighting/ignition issue sounds like a good theft deterrent. ;-) And the bike looks great! Wish I could work that quickly!

Integra99 said:
Wow youve put me to shame, and I did not expect to see this come on so well. lol !! .. I've only just got my tires fitted and wheels lined up last night!

107242-031017064010.jpeg

Finally... did you lift it in with wheels on.. or lower the frame over with engine on its side?

I'm going to cut the front mudguard over the weekend and likely scrap the rear one altogether. I used a high temp paint but i'm not sure it's going to last very well if I'm honest already scratched a fair bit when putting it back in the frame.

I life's the engine in with the wheels on. Took a little bit of thought to work out the right angles!

I'm hoping to get the wiring done tomorrow and a few finishing bits and I should be able to start her up.

Back to work Tuesday so if I can get the majority done by then would be amazing otherwise it will take a backseat for a month or so unfortunately.

Your wheels look great love the black and chrome contrast

Integra99 said:

107242-031017064010.jpeg

What shocks are those, Integra99?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

coming on well, I have a local custom bike shop so taking it down there once the tanks primed up and engine in to look at options for seat etc.

I wish I had a few days off to be able to get my head into the build but its an hour or so each night.. but in truth I'm enjoying it and have a few bikes to ride so it keeps me out of trouble, I'd like to finish it for Christmas!

My engine is at my mates being painted with some heavy duty black paint, although on my XS750 I did that from a can and 2k miles later its still good.

Nova - the shocks are YSS if that helps , they seem pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom