www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: My 1975 XS500B  (Read 671 times)

Offline Mrjoshuajones

My 1975 XS500B
« on: Nov 10, 2013, 09:35:57 »
This is my XS500B.  Everything was fine when I got her so naturally I had to tear her apart.  I have a heated garage so the plan is to have a monster ready in the spring.
I am a locomotive engineer, pastor, tattoo collector, husband & dad, and a new bike builder.  I do everything the hard way because I do it myself and learn as I go.

Offline dewjantim

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • duc in the park.....
Re: My 1975 XS500B
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013, 22:14:27 »
What are you going to do to the old girl???? Those bikes are so cool and underrated.
If it hurts....... you ain't dead yet !!!!!!

Offline Mrjoshuajones

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2013, 00:04:28 »
Really I am making everything smaller and simpler. Giant exhaust, lights, signals, seat, air box, battery, mirrors, wiring, gauges, fenders...all being reduced or eliminated. Painting tank, rims and fenders, changing bars and controls. I'm gonna open up her midsection by moving the electricals into an underseat tray and I'll clean up or replace her spokes. In the end she will be loud, ugly, and uncomfortable for most, but perfect for me.
I am a locomotive engineer, pastor, tattoo collector, husband & dad, and a new bike builder.  I do everything the hard way because I do it myself and learn as I go.

Offline dewjantim

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • duc in the park.....
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2013, 23:48:53 »
Cool........ 8)
If it hurts....... you ain't dead yet !!!!!!