1997 BMW F650ST to F650R: Enduro Hellride Conversion

Looks about ready for a Houston valley redemption

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CCRider said:
That's awesome Eric. Nice work!

Hey! Thanks, Chris. Trying to get it ready for some Thaw pre-running. I figure you, E and me could hit some routes early and map. I know E at least plans as much, but he's not allowed to have all the fun by himself.

irk miller said:
Hey! Thanks, Chris. Trying to get it ready for some Thaw pre-running. I figure you, E and me could hit some routes early and map. I know E at least plans as much, but he's not allowed to have all the fun by himself.

I'm not? Well I'm out then. See y'all, I'm going to throttlefest

Hey, Throttlefest is going to be killer. Sebastian Bach is playing.

Thought I'd play around with this plastic mount on the back of the frame. I made up an alloy bracket to fit a bottle, tube or tool roll ...

77150-190218222527-3325152.jpeg

77150-190218222529-33282485.jpeg

77150-190218222531-33291387.jpeg

I cant help but wonder why those Germans didn't just do all this to start with?!?!?

You've done a fantastic job. 8)

It looks stupid.

Send it my way and I'll ride it around a bit and un-stupid it.

In all seriousness it looks great man! Did you print the vinyl or cut it from multiple colors and stack?

SONIC. said:
It looks stupid.

Send it my way and I'll ride it around a bit and un-stupid it.

In all seriousness it looks great man! Did you print the vinyl or cut it from multiple colors and stack?
It’s cut vinyl, but they aren’t stacked. It’s done like a screen print with registration marks and the colors piecing together the image. So, they fit inside each other.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

irk miller said:
It’s cut vinyl, but they aren’t stacked. It’s done like a screen print with registration marks and the colors piecing together the image. So, they fit inside each other.

Thats some fancy stuff going on there.

Yep, that fender is better, looks like it was made for the bike. The other was nice but this one is right.

I have it apart to do final polish on the painted parts and to line the tank in Caswell. The wife and kids are going to the zoo on Saturday, so I’m going for a long shakeout ride and to get some beauty shots.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
Went for the maiden voyage. It seems lean on the low end. It's be rough when you first hit the throttle, then takes off like a rocket as you open it up. Regardless, it's a great feeling bike so dialing it in will be more than enough fun.

Back
Top Bottom