Kawasaki wheel fitment. Help needed with size fitment please.

rohalloran

Does anyone know if an 18" wheel off a GPZ750 will fit onto forks of a GPZ900 fitted with a 16" front wheel? I would prefer an 18" for the Cafe look I am going for.

Current wheel:

Wheel I would like to use:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Kawasaki-GPZ750A-GPZ750-A-1984-Front-Wheel-18x2-15/332489445230?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

This may help. Kawasaki has their parts fiche online. Your main thing will be axle diameter and length.

https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts

I built this CB750 with KZ rims, a GPZ750 rear swing arm and KZ750 front forks.

7d7e85ccf0b69a28b2b39c05c3d9626a.jpg

I would go for the 82-93 KZ1000 police wheels. they're 18" as well, also cheaper, more prevalent, and the front is wider. this will let you run a 110 front without tire distortion. I think they also utilize the same 7 hole brake disk pattern as the GPZ900R, but I'm not sure. The front uses the same 15mm axle as your GPZ900R setup. the rear bearings are bigger on the KZP wheel (20x52x15) but a quick bearing swap for a 17x52x15 would make them fit your axle. This probably will require custom wheel spacers. and may require modifications to the brake system.

doc_rot said:
I would go for the 82-93 KZ1000 police wheels. they're 18" as well, also cheaper, more prevalent, and the front is wider. this will let you run a 110 front without tire distortion. I think they also utilize the same 7 hole brake disk pattern as the GPZ900R, but I'm not sure. The front uses the same 15mm axle as your GPZ900R setup. the rear bearings are bigger on the KZP wheel (20x52x15) but a quick bearing swap for a 17x52x15 would make them fit your axle. This probably will require custom wheel spacers. and may require modifications to the brake system.

The wheels on mine are a 6 hold brake system (Front & Rear). Not sure if that woudl matter? Just mean getting disks to?

I miscounted your disks. you'll need the KZP disks too. and i forgot to say you will need to bush the sprocket carrier spacer.

It might just bolt together, but I would be ready to do a fair bit of machining to get this all to work. It will probably be easier to see what guys are swapping for on their GPZ900s. Likely they are all wanting to go to 17" wheels though.

doc_rot said:
I miscounted your disks. you'll need the KZP disks too. and i forgot to say you will need to bush the sprocket carrier spacer.

It might just bolt together, but I would be ready to do a fair bit of machining to get this all to work. It will probably be easier to see what guys are swapping for on their GPZ900s. Likely they are all wanting to go to 17" wheels though.

Thanks. I'm going to put up a post on one of the kawasaki forums to see if anyone can confirm.

Back
Top Bottom