Bobber Inspiration Thread...

64bastagebomr

DCC - Supporting Whiskey Fueled Mayhem Since 2009.
DTT SUPPORTER
So I thought it would be cool to get a thread going for us ridig type's showing Bobber photos we've collected that have inspired us in our projects.

Here's a few I've found over the past couple years that seem to stick with me in everything I do. I hope you enjoy them and I look forward to seeing what inspires you.

As a side note, for those of you looking to get into the Bobber scene we will be offering weld on hard-tails in the near future for CB350, 450 and 750's. I'm working on the JIGS now...

122_sc1.jpg

1428785304_l.jpg

373.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

bubblevisor.blogspot.com.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

IMG_0033_small.jpg

thunderbird008.jpg

zero_engineering_bullet_train.jpg

dcwp said:
Some nice bikes in there. I don't think I've ever seen a bobbed bimmer before.
Theres a killer writup/pictorial in the new cycle world on that bike and another more wild one that shop built.

Nice collection of inspiration there. I really like the spade cut out on the cover on the second one, The first one is at the top of my list but my favorite of this bunch has to be the #5 bike. I'll try to find my list. They were saved on the desk top of my old computer that craashed.

Wow brother are you serious??? Hardtails for 350s . That's so cool!

Yeah the Beamer was a huge inspiration for my current build. They're all great though. I like anything that defies categories in a seamless and elegant way.

A little new inspiration. These are all from gravel-crew.com I hadn't seen them until this morning (following links from Deli-Sandwich's tires thread), maybe some of you haven't seen them either.

582.jpg

608.jpg

279.jpg

775.jpg

651.jpg

292.jpg

362.jpg

82.jpg

I'm already inspired. I love the way they've hidden battery/electricals with a simple curved panel on several of these bikes. Going to think about something similar in my build.

They look like Firestone Deluxe Champions with Whitewall to me, but I've never seen them available for sale.

Real helpful I know.

There's a paint on product that makes any smooth sided tire a whitewall, perhaps that's what they used. Also, you can use a flap wheel on any angle grinder to shave side lettering off if that's your thing.....would make the white walls work on most any tire....

troybilt said:
Wow brother are you serious??? Hardtails for 350s . That's so cool!

As a heart attack...

Just got the welding table together and am in the processing of mocking up the jig for the 450 tail so we can produce those. (Since mine is already built.) Once that's done I'll be moving to the 750 I have sitting on the floor and saving the best for last.... The 350. ;)

Just keep an eye out man...Dime City is gonna blow your mind.

thewingdpiston said:
As a heart attack...

Just got the welding table together and am in the processing of mocking up the jig for the 450 tail so we can produce those. (Since mine is already built.) Once that's done I'll be moving to the 750 I have sitting on the floor and saving the best for last.... The 350. ;)

Just keep an eye out man...Dime City is gonna blow your mind.
What are we talkin, money wise?

Not sure if my next project will be a cafe or hardtail bob. Anyhow, can't wait to see what Dime City comes out with!
Here are a few that I had on my desk top. Warning the last one is not good for the work place.
dscf2766-kopie1.jpg

xs001_01.jpg

backshotedit1.jpg

ws111.jpg

48880934ea16d1.jpg

VonYinzer said:
What are we talkin, money wise?

I don't have costs figured yet. I need to get the jig built so I can see how quickly I can build them and combine that with cost of materials, etc.. I can promise you that they will be affordable enough to make you NOT want to build your own though.

Our goal isn't to make gobs of cash. We want to produce products that will allow people to take their level of creativity and expression to the next plateau. I think a lot of people have a great deal of talent and eye for design and just don't have the resources in some aspects to get them over the hump.

As an example, someone might be able to spec out and design every aspect of a Bobber. Fender, bars, wheels, tires, brakes, mild fab work, etc..but decides not to because they do not want to tackle the hard-tail. Completely understandable. It's a big job. And a scary one. I think our place will be to fill that gap allowing that person to create their ultimate expression with a little bump from us and our products.

I'm excited to see the birth of what I truly believe is to us and our generation what the chopper crazy was to our fathers.

Digg?

man those japanese sure do make some cool designs. half cafe half bobber...and the fat tires with the black rims look slick. nice attention to detail. and they have all the lights and horns neatly tucked on em too...too nice,

Back
Top Bottom