Sellers remorse

Scooter trash

Been Around the Block
Most of us have done it, sell a bike your tired of, only to wish you had it back. I see many bikes here that were once in my stable. The 1913 Indian is my regret, what's yours?

I sold my original owner 78 GS 750E around 25 years ago for $600. I wish I had it back........., as well as my first bike, the 67 Triumph 500 that i paid $400 for and built a chopper. It was a nice chopper but now I wish I had the stock 500 back.

I haven't been at motorcycles nearly as long as most of you.

My first bike I bought for myself, and never should have sold, a 2002, CBR954RR.

1976 CB750A Hondamatic. So fun.

1979 KZ650SR D-2. Bad to the bone. Can't believe I sold it. Stupid stupid

1977 KZ400 factory bagger. 4k miles.

I can't bear to tell the stories.

Cousin gave me a Honda Trail 90 he had in his barn when I was 10. Didn't know enough to even approach working on it and my dad couldn't be bothered. Sold it to a friend's dad for $50. Still running to this day. I'll forever regret that.

I had a 1960 Ducati Bronco 125 thing had no sack could barely hit 50 mph but man was she pretty to look at i paid $900 and sold it for $2200 but it still hurts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 185
Not really. I always have trouble letting them go and often regret selling them for the prices, or wish I had done less (or more) work on them, but once they are gone, they are gone. No regrets. They are just bikes. Fun but there are always more out there.

I had a 1976 CB500T that was in beautiful original condition. I put like 5k miles on it in three months the one summer. I miss it quite a bit some days.

I kinda wish I had kept this one. CB550/592cc, CB650 cam, ported & polished head, jetted, etc. Ran like a stock bike until ~5,800 RPM and then really ripped. The suspension was perfect for my size. The bars were super comfortable. I felt "at home" on this bike and could really ride it hard.

I had a nearly mint Honda GB500... traded it and a PC800 for a VFR. Loved the VFR, put many, many miles on it. Loved both PC800s I had, even rode down and back up the AlCan on one, but the GB500 is the one bike I will always regret letting go of.

scott s said:
I kinda wish I had kept this one. CB550/592cc, CB650 cam, ported & polished head, jetted, etc. Ran like a stock bike until ~5,800 RPM and then really ripped. The suspension was perfect for my size. The bars were super comfortable. I felt "at home" on this bike and could really ride it hard.

Thats a great looking bike man

Back
Top Bottom