YZF750/1000R - The Fly 5

I know what you mean about being patient. I have quite a few projects going on myself. And getting no where fast!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah....it's been over 30 friggin days....

I'm collecting parts. My rearsets on both bikes were in rough shape (broken shift and brake pedals) and both sets of forks I have are good but the finish is pretty rough on both. Thanks to a nice fellow from the Netherlands via the YZF750 Facebook group I have some nicer bits on the way.
I have extra front calipers if anybody is interested.
19549746_1377638068986446_486168939_o.jpg
19400095_1377781732305413_7947848073432794039_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
I may not have posted in over 30 days but I've been patiently hunting.
yzftakemehome.jpg

Last edited:
clem said:
That doesn't look like a project. Is it yours? If so it is sweet.

Thanks guys, I'm excited about it. This is a runner with clean paperwork. It needs all the standard maintenance. It has some of the usual squid PO battlescars but nothing too bad so far. I have extra parts for it already since I've been collecting for this build. New ss lines, tires, rear sets, chain/sprockets and other stuff. It's a cold starter but once it warms up a bit it sounds good and starts right back up. I'm not giving up on building the other one but I've been looking for an actual runner for awhile to go with it. Street and track maybe...

Two big issues already fixed. The clutch lever was toast and so was the janky attempt at a shifter replacement. I had both parts "in stock".
jankyshiftr.jpg
goodshiftr.jpg

Last edited:
I got as much done on the bike in the last few days that I could.
Visual inspection, ie.. staring
Installed the new SS brake lines and did a full flush.
Installed the new chain and sprockets.
Flushed the clutch hydraulics, I have a new SS line for it, still need to install it.
Rebuilt the rear sets and replaced the clutch lever, it shifts like it should now.

I got to put about 60 miles on it today including a rip through the canyon freeway.
It howls. :)

More to do.
yzfasitsits.jpg

Last edited:
clem said:
I didn't dig the early 90's in the 90's but I do now that you got that bike.

I had a different color scheme in mind for the build so it took me a minute to "get" the purple but I love it.

I keep hearing Beastie Boys playing in the background everytime I see this bike ;)

"Cause what you see you might not get
And we can bet so don't you get souped yet..."
canyoncarver as Cochise

I had to look up Cochese Redbird....

As for the colors, I'm going to maintain the factory plastics and graphics, I love them yet can't stand Vanilla Ice.. ;)

However.....Airtech is having a sweet Labor day sale today so I got a bit excited and ended up ordering a full race fairing, tail and bellypan.

My excuse is that one of the yzf's will need all the body work and I couldn't miss the price break Walt at Airtech gave me today.

:) :) :)
YZF750SP_96_yomama.jpg

Last edited:
canyoncarver said:
I had to look up Cochese Redbird....
Don't read too much into it, it was just the first "character" listed in the Sabotage video :p

Rode to work today. Got another white left mirror in the mail yesterday to replace the ratty one I had AND I got it VIN inspected and registered this morning with a new plate!!!!
yzf2work.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom