'94 CB1000F Endurance Race-Rep

Love it! It's great to see another cb1000 here. I just picked up a 95 this summer and am going in a different direction with mine, but I am really looking forward to your endurance racer rep!

You are inspiring me to put up some pics of the work I am doing on my CB.

I am in NYC so come spring when we have both our bikes (and your buddy's) finished we need to go for a Big One ride out!

Keep it up.
IMAG0154.jpg
IMAG0155.jpg

Very cool, I dig the tank graphic. Good to see another one on the road.

So I think I've decided on the fairing/headlight combo, just need to gather the pieces.

Looking at going with the Airtech "Hammer" half fairing which I'll trim up a bit to my liking:
HAMMER2.jpg

...and a Honda Ruckus Dual headlight setup:
20RuckusHeadlights.jpg

The Ruckus headlight is nice since its pre-framed, uses modern bulbs, and is finished nice and slim in the back of the bucket so it should fit snug against the fairing.

Also looking into CBR900 gauge clusters to drop nice and low in front of the triple. They have a good racy look and have the same electronic tach/ mechanical speedo configuration as the CB. I'm running without a tach now and it would be nice to have it back. Guess we'll see what Santa brings... besides a 7 pound child due on Friday...

Nice! I think the hammer will be cool! I got the windscreen from windscreens.com (i think) there is a link on airtechs site, they make nice stuff. If you start looking into the Rucus lights and they get to complicated or expensive I have found a really easy, and cheap ($80) dual or single solution using Harley davidson lights, let me know and I will take a pick, and parts you need. Keep it up, and congrats on the little one.

Congrats on the bundle of joy coming! They do require work but are worth every bit of it. Bike looks good to.

Cheers,

Maritime

Bobdot said:
Very cool, I dig the tank graphic. Good to see another one on the road.

So I think I've decided on the fairing/headlight combo, just need to gather the pieces.

Looking at going with the Airtech "Hammer" half fairing which I'll trim up a bit to my liking:

...and a Honda Ruckus Dual headlight setup:

The Ruckus headlight is nice since its pre-framed, uses modern bulbs, and is finished nice and slim in the back of the bucket so it should fit snug against the fairing.

Also looking into CBR900 gauge clusters to drop nice and low in front of the triple. They have a good racy look and have the same electronic tach/ mechanical speedo configuration as the CB. I'm running without a tach now and it would be nice to have it back. Guess we'll see what Santa brings... besides a 7 pound child due on Friday...

Holy hell, you just solved my unavailable CBR900rr headlight issue with your Ruckus idea. Thank you!

In return, I'll tell you that Airtech is having a 30% off of all fiberglass sale on Black Friday. So you can have a kid and a fairing on the very same day!

Uh, so, babies are like, time consuming and stuff...

Yea, haven't had much garage time at all in the past month but being stuck in the house all the time has made me an avid craigslist/ebay-er so it looks like some goodies will be on their way in the coming weeks. Wasn't able to pull the trigger on the Airtech fairing last sale but low and behold they have another 30% off this Friday which also happens to be the day before the anniversary of my earthly existence which in my mind is excuse enough. Also found a set of undamaged engine cases that I'll be getting and swapping this winter to finally put that little oil weep to rest.

Till next time....

bob.

Subscribed!
I loved the Big One when they were new. Yours is looking stellar and can't wait to see where it goes from here!
How's Momma?

Hoosier Daddy said:
Subscribed!
I loved the Big One when they were new. Yours is looking stellar and can't wait to see where it goes from here!
How's Momma?

Thanks man! Momma and little dude are great, keeping me on my toes. Looking forward to getting his first projects started...

As for this one, fairing is on order from Airtech, should be about a month. Glad I caught them on a sale because shipping the damn thing cross-country was $86 itself. next up should be the new set of engine cases, just trying to unload some stuff taking up room in the shop to gather funds.

Also picking up a 1984 BMW R65 on Monday for my dad. Planning to get that sucker running and road worthy by springtime so he can enjoy a nice full season up in New York. He hasnt ridden since the late 70's so I'm pretty pumped to see him ripping around on two wheels again. I'll throw some pics of it on here when it lands in my garage.

bob.

All spectacular news my man. Very cool indeed. The Honda is going to be a badass machine, and I lm sure the BMW will bring back a flood of memories for your old man.

Dad's new whip:

IMG_1271_zps0bb91b80.jpg

IMG_1272_zpsb557c383.jpg

IMG_1274_zpse85470c5.jpg

IMG_1275_zps0d27f837.jpg

Time to make her purr and purdy. Full resto as much as possible before the winter thaws. Cant wait for a chance to ride with my old man, never thought I'd see the day.

Happy day after yesterday.

bob.

Cases have arrived! Turns out due to machining tolerance differences between crankcase manufacturing, I have to swap out the entire case set instead of just the lower half as I had originally intended to. The tolerances between crankshaft and crankcase require 1 of 3 very specific bearing sizes according to the machined tolerances of each component. Not a big deal, just a little more time consuming then originally expected. That, and I'll probably be dropping just as much $$$ on new gaskets as I did on the case set itself. In the end it'll be worth it not to have that damn oil drip and worry about my plug blowing out at speed.

I'm bringing the cases to work tomorrow to take a nice hot bath in the ultrasonic tank and do a thorough inspection to make sure they're good to go.

Couple shots of a hunk of aluminum:
DSCF1987_zps87cf6480.jpg

DSCF1988_zps8dcc66c5.jpg

And next to a baby for some scale reference of course:
DSCF1991_zps9ff51ada.jpg

Next hurdle will be to brave the cold for long enough to pull the motor and get it on a stand and into work so I can spend some quality time with it, buy it some dinner, and get it out of those clothes...

until next time folks

bob.

Back
Top Bottom