Epoxy?

Staffy

It's not yours 'til you cut it up.
So i've read great things about this epoxy paint but don't know the first thing about it. What is it and where do i get it? Keep in mind i'm in australia so a lot of what's overseas may not be applicable here. I think i read "appliance epoxy" somewhere. is that right? I'll be going gloss black (gee what a surprise :D ) so if anyone can link up an online supplier that'd be handy. My googling didn't get me anywhere as i don't know what i'm looking for.

Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy
http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=101

Site has an international tab, top right. First listing for AU.

Superior Coatings Australia
Factory 14, 8-9 Gabrielle Court
Bayswater North, Victoria 3153
Australia
(61) 3-9761-7331 Phone
(61) 3-9761-7337 Fax
(61) 0418-354-315 Mobile

Mr. Iain McEwin
Managing Director
sales@superiorcoatings.com.au
Industrial Products

Cool. So are there any other products that you recommend or is it mainly that one?

That is the one I kept being told about around here. I got it on their recommendations and it covers like glass. I don't have my bike on the road yet so I can't speak for the durability, but others say it is the poor mans powder coat. JRK5892 swears by the stuff!

Hope it helps.

I've used the Rustoleum epoxy and it works well as long as you follow the instructions EXACTLY. recoat within the allotted time or wait a week between coats.
I've got a couple cans of Ace Hardware brand epoxy that seems to be awfully good too.
The stuff isn't as good as powdercoat but it's better than Krylon spraybomb

Rustoleum is the shit, I mean the SHIT! It is insainly durable for a spray can and covers so smooth and pretty when done right. It is easy to do right just make sure you follow the directions perfectly! You will be very happy with the results, and for the price there is just simply nothing else to compare it to! Colors are limited to Black, Silver, or white as far as I know, and I have only used the black. My current project, Eileen, will be getting a heavy dose of the white though.

twisted is right, anything rustoleum is amazing. from years of being a delinquent graffiti writer i know first hand it covers anything. i got a can of black appliance epoxy but havent gotten a chance to try it yet.

Cheers guys. I'll see if one of the joints round here can get it in.

We don't have Walmart in australia yet (thankfully) but i'm thinking some of the larger hardware chains we have here might carry something like that.

Back
Top Bottom