Just "outside" inspiration...post some!

tWistedWheelz

BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
The whole steam-punk thread got me thinking about different designs that influence the design of some of my own projects, be it motorcycles or other. I like to draw ideas from all forms of art: sculpture, architecture, fashion, painting, photography, and multimedia. I like for the inspiration of the piece to speak for its self to each person who views it.

So, I am asking you to post a pic of something you find artistic, inspiring, and/or just neat! Please don't describe the pic or what your thoughts of it is, just let the pic of whatever it is speak for itself to each viewer.

I hope this can inspire new and different ideas for some members.

17574.jpg

05_soc.jpg

These two things have been with me all month. Affecting my mood, music, and thought along with the weather.

This image of the Monterey Bay Aquarium kelp forest observation window:

pr009-mbaq.jpg

This reprint of a vintage catalog of West Coast craftsman style bungalow house plans. It has great profiles of homes, close ups of door handles, window etchings, fireplace stones, and mantles. I can't put it down:

01-image.jpg

Is that bracelet one of the wonder-twins' power bracelets?

+1 on the belly tanker... I want one so bad!

302.jpg

299.jpg

I've always been enamoured with the Homeworld PC game series; brilliant graphics, music & storyline IMO.

Camping gear in general, especially stuff thats had great designers & concepts behind it:

trangia27-2.jpg

657906Lrg.jpg

Got that top one for my 16th birthday, love it to death. Trangias rule!

- boingk

how's about....

Attachments

• Bug (Medium).jpg
    113 KB · Views: 115
  • downsized_1002090739.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom