Dime City CB450 Takes 1st Place - Full Throttle Magazine Biker Build-off

64bastagebomr

DCC - Supporting Whiskey Fueled Mayhem Since 2009.
DTT SUPPORTER
Hey fellow DTTer's,

Just wanted to share the good news...

On Sunday we pitted our most recently completed CB450 Cafe against a handful of other bikes that fell into the ride in "vintage sport bike" category at the 2010 Full Throttle Magazine Biker Build-off. Amongst the competition was a gorgeously crafted Ducati Desmo which we thought would give us some serious trouble.

Despite the Ducks attempts to assault us with its classic Italian styling, the iconic name badge and of course- the rumble of that fine piece of engineering......it couldn't outrun a Dime City Original in the end. ;)

Here's Herm on the way to the show shot in motion by Paul Harrington. Motorcycle photographer extraordinaire and close personal friend of The DCC Crew.

vintage-honda-cb-450-cafe-racer-caferacer-dime-city-cycles.jpg

Here she sits awaiting the judging. Initially we thought we were going to be denied entry as a result of missing entry by 10 minutes. As it turns out it worked out to our benefit as we were able to park right up front for everyone to see and with a little persuasion by Herm, the judges allowed the entry and never asked us to move the bike..

vintage-honda-cb-450-cafe-racer-caferacer-dime-city-cycles-full-throttle-magazine-biker-buildoff-2010.jpg

The man. The legend. Herm... Accepting the best in class trophy with that infamous grin.

vintage-honda-cb-450-cafe-racer-caferacer-dime-city-cycles-full-throttle-magazine-biker-buildoff-2010-herm-narciso-1st-place.jpg

The bike received many compliments from a wide range of on-lookers. The most common though being the refinement and blending of both classic vintage cafe racer aesthetic and modern sport bike engineering.

It was a good day gentlemen. A good day.

The DCC Crew

Nicely done! ;D ;D

Sincere congrats!! 8) 8) 8)

congrats on that, You've guys have been doing some remarkable things lately and its well deserved.

Jay

Ah yes, Herm back in his natural habitat.....surrounded by large chested women up on the winners stand. Congrats again!

Flugtechnik said:
Ah yes, Herm back in his natural habitat.....surrounded by large chested women up on the winners stand. Congrats again!

Ahh yes, this bike building thing sure does have its rewards!!! ;D ;D ;D

We’re already working on the next one…tinkering with a 750 this time around...

Thanks for the support boyz!

-Herm

Herm21 said:
Ahh yes, this bike building thing sure does have its rewards!!! ;D ;D ;D

We’re already working on the next one…tinkering with a 750 this time around...

Thanks for the support boyz!

-Herm

Tinkering...yeah. That's it. Tinkering. ;)

Well done boys; well dine. Please tell me you correctly (re) etched the motofiaccone logo on those pipes...

--Chris

Tim said:
I need to see more on those rear shocks :)

Other shots here of the shock setup:

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=10151.0

The bike’s pretty much been sitting at the shop since first being done in August because of a transmission issue. But we finally found a donor engine a few weeks back, opened both up and swapped out the shifting drum, she runs great now!! The fairing was added along with a few other mods, but what really changes the bike now are the cool stainless pipes that Motofiaccone did up for us! Kudos Chris, they’re absolutely amazing! Thnx brother!

*EDIT* we simultaneously posted Chris. We haven't had a chance to etch the logo back on yet, but have a new gun now and will likely do them this week.

Bastards!!

The coolest part of those pipes was getting stupid drunk that night in Florida and making them. The shit part was fixing all those drunk mistakes. Glad you won. I need to plan another 'business' trip out there.

--Chris

chris let me know when you go man, ill go with! man that is awesome loved the bike! well deserved bud! nicely done! Herm awesome shot man! that bike looks wicked at speed!

Congretulations!!!

Absolutely brilliant photo (the first one) by the way.

JRK5892 said:
chris let me know when you go man, ill go with! man that is awesome loved the bike! well deserved bud! nicely done! Herm awesome shot man! that bike looks wicked at speed!

Oh god... This could be bad. Very bad.

;)

I may be down for that trip too, I'll bring a lil mountain dew if I can make it! Let me know when this may occur!

Back
Top Bottom