Come On Eileen!....tanks for the memories!

Re: Come On Eileen!....The long road begins

Well I did not really have time to get out and do much tonight, but I did it anyway! ;D I can’t make a habit of that or I will fall way behind on work, wedding planning with the fiancé, and the other daily chores I have. Responsibility is a bitch! Anyway, I got a bunch of shit done, but it is all the easy stuff right now. I disassembled the entire bike almost, everything is off the frame and the engine is out. I broke down the front end minus the brake caliper from one fork (stubborn bolts are soaking in PB blaster as you read this). I removed the front tire from the rim (what a bitch). I also began to cut off all the unwanted tabs on the frame, but my last cutting wheel ground down too far for safe use so I changed to the grinding stone and smoothed up what I was able to get off.

I did discover that a previous owner was a dumb ass and started putting parts from a GS450L on the old girl, what a disgrace! She does have a 19” front wheel and 18” rear instead of the 18” front and rear as she came. No big deal though, I scrapped all of the other “L model” parts and I think the staggered wheels will be fine.
Here are some progress pics for your viewing pleasure!

Here are some pics of her stripped! Don’t tell her I posted these on the web!
SDC10962.jpg

SDC10959-1.jpg

SDC10960.jpg

SDC10964.jpg

SDC10964.jpg

SDC10961.jpg

SDC10971.jpg

SDC10972.jpg

Bar Stools are good for more than just propping you next to the bar!
SDC10967.jpg

Some before detaberization! And after! I love ripping up steel!
SDC10966.jpg

SDC10969.jpg

Kick and center gone!
SDC10968.jpg

Till next time!
Cheers!

Wedding Planning! She doesn't want your opinion. :D If she did she'd give it to ya. ;D looks good. I like the wheels. Those snow flake style wheels are starting to grow on me. Kinda like the comstars are. I would imagine a little searching on ebay would net you an 18 inch for pretty cheap. I just don't like staggered wheels not in this style of a build anyhow. Just my opinion. Yes the wifey lets me have one every now and then. Keep it up. you sure move quick for someone with alot on his plate.

thompsonmx100 said:
Wedding Planning! She doesn't want your opinion. :D If she did she'd give it to ya. ;D looks good. I like the wheels. Those snow flake style wheels are starting to grow on me. Kinda like the comstars are. I would imagine a little searching on ebay would net you an 18 inch for pretty cheap. I just don't like staggered wheels not in this style of a build anyhow. Just my opinion. Yes the wifey lets me have one every now and then. Keep it up. you sure move quick for someone with alot on his plate.

She don't want my opinion. She wants my skills, I am doing all of the photoshop work on our "save the dates", invitations, and programs! Not to mention buildind cake pedistals, serving bar, stage, and dance floor! We are trying to do as much as we can ourselves to save some cash! I think its cool though because I like providng for myself!

AAhh so youre the labor I get it. That makes more sense. ;D We did ours a year and a half ago it was fun good times My parents and some other family came down from NY We had a river theme got married on the St. Johns then had the reception downtown on the river. Just remeber to have with it. Its easy to get wrapped up in the details and that take the fun out of it. Anyhoo Keep it up. Have you tried that swinger yet?

Wow, you sure got Eileen naked fast. Does your fiance know what you're doing in that sewing room young man? Looking good though. Now it's time to clean things. And what a job that will be!

Good start brother! I cannot wait to see this ol' girl on the road.

As I'm in the same boat as far as the rim sizes are concerned. I did a quick search of ebay and there are PLENTY of rims available. about $40-$80 shipped. I'm not ready yet so you get first crack at em! ;D

diesel, you are right that there are a ton on these wheels on ebay, but they are all 19" in the ones that match my rear! I already have a 19" and for the money I believe I will just stick with it. I am going to keep a look out for a deal, but if I don't come up with an 18" for cheap before the time comes to install it, then 19" it will be.

I have a ton of other parts to purchace too that I feel are more important. If you notice in the pic of the motor on my table you will see I am missing one of those little covers that goes on the ends of the valve cover, also not an important part, but I do need one if anyone out there has one they are willing to part with. PM me with detail of the transaction if you do please.

Cheers

Check this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290390255982&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=35581

Its off a 750 so not sure of the width but its an 18"er

I hear you on the "other stuff" Its always tons of bits and peices and when you source it from different places the shipping kills. I spent over $100 on shipping on my last build. :p I'm trying to be smarter about that this time. Speaking of which, Where is UPS??!! Today should have fun mail!! ;D

diesel, I called about it and the guy measured, it a 19" too, there were also two more on the Ebay list that was labeled as a "E model" and had no diameter listed that I called on and they were 19" as well! It appears that the 19" front wheel conversion was a popular mod on these bikes! Pisses me off! Thanks for all your help though.

Did not have time to get in the shop last night, so I found some time today to do a little. I finished cutting off the tabs and cleaning up the cuts. I also got that pesky front caliper off! So I did a little cleaning on the fron end parts! I will be back in there tonight to get a little more done. Alex said he may come by tonight to help a little, but I think he has alterior motives to come use some of my tools! Does not matter though, I enjoy the company, and the whiskey! Check out the pics from today!
Rockcity, notice the use of eye protection! Arn't you proud!
SDC10974.jpg

SDC10976.jpg

SDC10978.jpg

Before!
SDC10975.jpg

After!
SDC10983.jpg

SDC10982.jpg

SDC10984.jpg

Damn Caliper!
SDC10979.jpg

Drove me to this! Whiskey Built and Hellbound!
SDC10980.jpg

Cleaner fork lowers!
SDC10981.jpg

SDC10985.jpg

SDC10986.jpg

More to come tonight!

And now I know where you keep the bushmill's!
I'll bring some mixer tonight! And yes, I need to use your bench grinder!... And my angle grinder :p

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIX BUSHMILLS!!!!?????

From a tumbler, drank neet.

One of my favorites, next to Alberta Springs whiskey.

Looking good brother, keep up that pace and you will have a nice ride in no time.

Bushmills mixes well with ice.

Bushmills got me thrown out of two bars in Toronto. Well, I may have had something to do with it, but I blame Bushmills...

VonYinzer said:
Bushmills got me thrown out of two bars in Toronto. Well, I may have had something to do with it, but I blame Bushmills...
But officer it wasn't me it was Bushmills

I am with you guys on the Bushmills! I take it neat, and thats the way we did!
SDC10987.jpg

I got some more done with some help from Alex, he did a little cleaning for me. Thanks bro! Well here is the stuff we cleaned and the swingarm that is now de-tabed and ground somewhat smooth. Rear wheel disasymbled minus the tire, takin it to a buddy with a machine! I started speed drilling the drum cover on the rear but did not get any pics yet, its not done!
SDC10988.jpg

SDC10989.jpg

SDC10990.jpg

SDC10991.jpg

SDC10992.jpg

SDC10993.jpg

SDC10994.jpg

SDC10995.jpg

SDC10996.jpg

SDC10997.jpg

SDC10998.jpg

SDC10999.jpg

I love getting dirty on these old bike! Really zen!

Man dude, I have to say....we must be bound by blood or some shit in this place.....Bushmills is the shizzle! I ALWAYS have some on tap at the house....mixed with cafes....and SEC football (even if some of us are misled children on which team to pull for).

Good job brother. Wish I was a little closer....I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I thought you were going mono shock on this one? I prefer natty with my SEC football, but then i root for FL so maybe thats the problem ;D. Man if you keep up at this pase youre gonna be finished with your third bike before I get mine done.

Back
Top Bottom