The Beginning Of "The Fish Bike"

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
Luck has served me well so far....Last Time it actually Snowed was the Day I Traded my Snow blower for a 1982 Kawasaki Kz750 (carbs & front brake Frozen) ..... a week or so of troubleshooting the caliper and waiting for the new carbs to come in the mail ......TONIGHT I AWAKENED THE BEAST.......Soo She runs.......AND Since Luck has been Serving me this well she decided to also serve me One "BRAND NEW" english Wheel on craigslist for $250 .....(Oh craigslist why are you sooo good to me???)

I have this idea in my head ....one random day.... of a fish bike so i write it down not the best picture ever but a good start

now that I have some 18gauge flat steel, shears, English Wheeler Dealer, a hammer, pillow case full of sand (thanks mom), and a small table made of 3 tires and a piece of wood.....It's time to start .........Here is where i'm at if all goes well i should be doing a bit of welding tomorrow

Attachments

• fish_bike.jpg
    fish_bike.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,697
  • fishtail1.jpg
    fishtail1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,704
  • fishtail3.jpg
    fishtail3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,702
  • fishtail5.jpg
    fishtail5.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,715
So the bike(fish) in question is a KZ750 E model I believe and here she is Check out that Fish Tank looks kinda like my crap drawing.....Sweet!!!

Attachments

• kawi bottom.jpg
    kawi bottom.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,701
  • kawi side.jpg
    kawi side.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,716
This Is Today before and after the first couple Tack's.....The bike I put it on in the pic belongs to my brochacho (can you believe someone just gave that away? Free with a title)Lucky people ......anyways ....Man It Feels Good to make something from flat steel with your hands .....gonna have to do this more often

Attachments

• fistail1.jpg
    fistail1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 476
  • fishtail2.jpg
    fishtail2.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 467
  • fishtail3.jpg
    fishtail3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 459
After Hangin' out with my Steel Fin for a few days....I realized I have been doing it all Wrong(Fins don't MATCH EXACTLY!!!).....After Searching the town all day for more 18gauge, I finally was referred to this tiny Machine Shop that I never noticed before they were able to scrounge up a Nice Sized Rusty Piece with a Bend in it! for me to work with...... only $20 after a bit of negotiation....I showed em my steel fin (basically my first welding attempt) they were mildly impressed, gave me a few pointers......Soooo....Now I have all six fins cut and sanded so they match....About to Pound Sand......This pillow case Sux Do they sell those Leather sand Bags? or do I have to sacrifice a jacket?

I'm sure we could make up some leather sandbags. Let's steal moss' leather jacket and use that

:))

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hi

Will be watching this build carefully, looks like it's going to rock!

Can't wait to see it emerge from it's aquarium.

did some work lots more pics to come

Attachments

• finrig2_resized.jpg
    finrig2_resized.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 985
  • finrig1_resized.jpg
    finrig1_resized.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,005
Back
Top Bottom