** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Thanks guys.
As usual it took way more time and $$$ than ever originally intended.....
....but once started, I had to finish it.
Oil lines do not interfere with anything, including me when riding ;D

Now that it is finally 99% done I can get back to one of my stroker projects....

Heres a project I originally built for my wife.
I didn't want to chop it up, and destroy it forever....it just needed some improving.
Not as extreme of a change, but a significant difference in the way the bike rode and handled...
Sadly the kick start was something my wife refused to accept....bike was sold, replaced by a KTM 390 Duke.

12561573bcd728d0fa.jpg

12561573bcd729c1e3.jpg

They have a reputation for being dangerous to ride upon. They also tend to live up to it.

Brodie said:
They have a reputation for being dangerous to ride upon. They also tend to live up to it.

Yeah I figured that before I even bought them but though meh...

I haven't had an issue with them, but there again, this is my first bike though so I have nothing to compare them with.

I've put too much time and effort into this bike to do anything too extreme on it. Next build will be something I'm happy to abuse a little.

badgerkz440 said:
...I haven't had an issue with them, but there again, this is my first bike though so I have nothing to compare them with...

So the thing to do next is, buy a set of wheels with good tires. Keep the Firestonesame for shows and displaying in the living room, then jam your good tires on for riding LOL.
Cheaper than a second bike, by a long shot, and then you have a point of comparison!

badgerkz440 said:
Yeah I figured that before I even bought them but though meh...

I haven't had an issue with them, but there again, this is my first bike though so I have nothing to compare them with.

I've put too much time and effort into this bike to do anything too extreme on it. Next build will be something I'm happy to abuse a little.

This is your first bike? Well, that's even more impressive then!

Cookie said:
So the thing to do next is, buy a set of wheels with good tires. Keep the Firestonesame for shows and displaying in the living room, then jam your good tires on for riding LOL.
Cheaper than a second bike, by a long shot, and then you have a point of comparison!

That's actually not a bad idea, would be reluctant to swap tyres all the time, purely for damaging the paint.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
This is your first bike? Well, that's even more impressive then!

Thank you :) hopefully not my last.

Hi all... first post. Just completed my first build of my first bike. I'm a race driver by trade and had always wanted to rebuild a bike... this is a ebay find from across the country, delivered by truck...ridden for 2 months before 80% disassemble and build up. It needed a bunch of work mechanically... forks, brakes, carbs, airbox, wiring... but finally completed and am pretty happy with result.

1982 BMW R65LS.... as delivered
9bc3f88a61a7ca0f9720ab919ab35d6b.jpg

How it sits no after 8 months of tinkering.
c18460f4dd0a8b75bbe05c8a845097a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using DO THE TON mobile app

Reactions: LKS
Been out of the forums for awhile but I thought to post up my latest 1979 Sohc Cb650 Build.

My laptop crashed and lost all beginning photos. Here is the earliest photo I have during the build.

IMG_5040_zpswhxkiztg.jpg

During the June 2017 Backfire Moto meetup here in Seattle

IMG_2245_zpsjecqjz7h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom