Jenn's 1975 400F :)

haircuttergirl said:
And what else ya got?

I'm built for comfort, I'm built for speed
Got everything you good girls need.....
They call me Willie

Let me check the headers. As for anything else, there's about 2ft of snow on the ground between the house and the shed.

I built one of these bikes for a friend. They are nice bikes and pretty rare compared to the CB350. His was in bad shape so i made it a custom bike. Yours looks too nice to hack up.

I'm sure someone will wonder so the gas tank is from an early 70s Honda ATC 90.

cb400f-1.JPG

cb400f-6.JPG

if it aint we should all finish it tomorrow night as a kamikaze project for her

all that beer all of us power tools a welder and a bike what could possibly go wrong?

just let me know today what parts are missing

That would be cool, the first ever DTT GTG was at Troybilts house in WV and we all pitched in on his son's 400F, and about 6 other bikes LOL.

cxman said:
if it aint we should all finish it tomorrow night as a kamikaze project for her

all that beer all of us power tools a welder and a bike what could possibly go wrong?

just let me know today what parts are missing

I can bring the tig and the plasma cutter. Come morning It will either be a pile of flaming metal flaming metal or an awesome bike. No one knows which.

Any parts needed... just rob em off tthe other bikes. Its not like I dont have a "few" spares around...

Edit: tires and a title are about all I can think of.

Sonreir said:
And the hydraulic clutch conversion?

I actually read up a little on that last night... sounds like a good project, and not overly hard too. Just gotta find a old gixxer somewhere

Hey. you guys want me to bring my set of CB400f down pipes to the Thaw, to see if they are in any better shape than yours?

Re: Jenn's 1975 400F :) FINALLY an update...and First Ride!

So... It's been a while.

In April, Mr. E loaded up the 400f and took her to Alabama where he, Kiley (Kanticoy), and Jared (cyclefreak) worked some magic.
They started off by pulling the carbs and giving them a thorough cleaning, then putting em back on.

She got a new SuperTrapp slip-on exhaust.

The turn signals were the next thing to go. We went with a much smaller option, SpeedMetal brand. There were some electrical demons hiding in the turn signals, so some exorcism was in order. The entire tail light assembly fuse relay was gone, so she got a new one of those, too.

She fired right up, but had not been idling properly since I got her. Once the idle was adjusted, she purred :D Test ride!

Kiley worked some magic on the tank dents. I'm kinda diggin' the raw look... But I don't wanna look like a hipster. ;)

Jared noticed that the front felt like it was out of line, so pulled the front end and found that the lower triple tree was mangled pretty badly. Kiley had a new one, so easy fix.

Now she's back home.

And this happened today:

**Thank you 1000 times over to E, Kiley, and Jared. You guys are awesome!!

Next on the agenda is:
-Replacing the speedo cable. It disintegrated.
-Figuring out why the battery is draining. It's not holding a charge.
-New shoes.
-A few new spokes.
-Ride 'er.

Thanks, fellas. Feels good to see some progress made after a long break. Ha
I'm looking forward to getting back out to the garage again. And riding of course. :)

Back
Top Bottom