5ivemoto busy work build

5ivemoto

Been Around the Block
DTT BOTM WINNER
Gonna kill some time while we research the next summers trip with a garage sale bike we snagged for 70$. Gonna do something weird with it I think. Wasn't sure where to put it so I guess it's in the right place....

I think it's a 82, but it's a ct110.

the plan right now at least is something that starts first kick, a bike you don't mind letting friends ride no matter the amount of whiskey that's been spilled around the garage.

Something that can go in the back of the truck and make camping trips and be a sweet pit bike for this seasons up coming drift events.....

And it's gotta look different and cool to our eyes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 413
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 418
After watching along with the Grand Canyon build I'm excited to see where this (and the next round of three) goes!

We're pretty toasty here in the garage but we get a serious kick outta the support. Thanks guys

Side note to the busy work build we finally got the cb160 back on the road.

Jumped time. Got the cam and crank back happy together. Got it set got the valves right and now she runs sweeter than a nut.

But the ct110 will get the lift time starting tonight...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 391
Well let's see. First We just knocked the dirt dobbers and old wasp nest out of the 110. Looked all around for the key. Figuring maybe it was stuffed somewhere. Found A key but not the key to the bike.

So hot wired it.

Pulled the fuel line out and a rust mud sludge mixture came out...

So a quick clean of the carb and ran some gas through the tank till it flowed a different color than red/orange.... Not the right way but just wanted to see where we could get.

Threw a batt in it and reconnected the lines and put the carb on.
And it ran. Smokey but ran pretty well

Thought there was something wrong with the clutch or tranny so we had almost given up on it when my buddy Thomas kicked the lever pretty hard then it was def in gear.

Sooooo I took off on it and my first right hand turn the battery went skidding down the street next to me. I forgot to secure it.

I guess word on the street is these bike will run without a battery but it blows every light bulb in the machine.

So the bike kept running and riding without a battery. Even started without a battery??

Long story short she's a runner. And quite a bit of fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 384
Haha! Been there done that.

The battery is basically acting as a voltage regulator. I recommend using one.

Yea dohc. I found another batt local and I put it in but I gotta order new bulbs across the board to see if it's gonna work... Expensive lessons on this cheap build.

There is a new development in the story....

Long story short people have got to quit putting up old Hondas for sale or I'm gonna go broke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 384
5ivemoto said:
people have got to quit putting up old Hondas for sale or I'm gonna go broke
HA! One of the best excuses reasons I've heard to date. Damn those people!!

That sure looks like a nice one!

Not sure what's wrong with us here in the poorly lit one car garage but....

Long story short Jarod went to the flea market and ...

It's hard to get anything anything done on the ct110 when more bikes keep trickling in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 389
Terrible at keep up with the thread but the ct110 is torn down cleaned up and in various stages of paint and polish...

You can tell by the lift that this thing was dirty

Don't remember if I mentioned but the bike didn't run when I bought it but cleaned the carbs a few times and it runs. Still haven't got the electrics figured out but it ran at the time of disassembly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 346
Being veterans day and all, I'm wondering you might entertain the idea of making that flag look a bit more proper on the wall there.

Sorry, drooping flags hanged for decoration are a bit of a pet peeve. That ones been bothering me for some time and now I see that there are parts stacked against it. I guess why fly it If you don't take pride in it, that's all. Thanks for listening.

Great to hear you got it running.

Hey brother, glad to see you are working on your new scooters. I'm really digging the CT and the little 50. Any idea what the end-state is going to be for the CT? I just picked up 2 SL175s in really sweet shape for $140.. Once I get my garage squared away I'll start a thread..I'm pretty sure I will be worst than you at keeping up with it haha.
And as an Iraq combat vet and a fellow cycle enthusiast I think its pretty cool that you and your buddies hang Old Glory up in your work space instead of burning it or stomping on it like so many of these shit-bags we got running around. Keep the progress pics coming man!

Luugo! Sounds like a sweet score gotta post those pics so we can see

Just wrapped up a garage night here.

I'm thinking I want to try to modify a cub leg guard and run as big of tires as I can.

I'm painting it grey and I ordered a grey buddy seat and seat cover.

I'll get pics up ASAP

Jarod just this second called and said his brake line snapped on the way home so I gotta load up the rescue yota and go grab him up

These pics are from like two min ago ha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 343
Seat covers on, parts are painted and it's starting to get to re assembly ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg