The XS, and the Sidecar of Death

Just gave $200 to Moto-boxer.com for all the parts needed to put the sidecar back together.

2 x Seat & sidecar body rubber spring (5313215) = 17,80€
2 x Sidecar body rubber cushions, thick (2 x 65021008) = 9,20€
1 x Swingarm shaft Dnepr / K-750 (5309235) = 9,50€
2 x Swingarm dust cover w/lock washer Dnepr / K-750 (5309231 + 75009233) = 6,00€
2 x Swingarm silentblock Dnepr & K-750 (5309259) = 3,00€
1 x Sidecar seat K-750 & Dnepr, artificial leather, black (650213 + 650214) = 72,00€

danejurrous said:
Ha ha I see I was not the only one who thought that!

John where you getting the frame powder coated?

I'm using an industrial shop that does iron fencing, as far as I know it's just called Powder Coating and Blasting off of I-15 and about 3100 South, they're charging me $50 for blasting, masking, plugs, and gloss black powder. I'll try and pick it up tomorrow and see how they did. They said they'd do the sidecar, wheels (4), motorcycle frame, all for $150. I just need to find a body shop to get the dents out of the car first if I decided to do that.

Damn that's a killer price on powder! Everyone I have checked out wants between 200-300 for the 750 frame. Might have to source them out and see what they would run, thanks for the info!

danejurrous said:
Damn that's a killer price on powder! Everyone I have checked out wants between 200-300 for the 750 frame. Might have to source them out and see what they would run, thanks for the info!

I'll show ya when its done, I'll make sure to get a card when I pick it up.

JohnGoFast said:
I'll show ya when its done, I'll make sure to get a card when I pick it up.

PLease do. It might be cheaper to ship parts from here to there if the powder is good. My guy wanted $360 for sandblasting the frame and powder a normal stock silver he had.

Yikes, I paid $75 and $150 for the last two frames I had powder coated and that was from a guy that does strictly auto parts; mostly racing.

Goodies..

Two sets of Chinese shocks $60, ordered on July 6th, got here from China in three days. These will be temporary.

Omar's 19" rear wheel kit - Over priced in my opinion, but looks quality and will save me a boatload of time.

19" dual disc wheel - just need one more.

Got a link to that listing for shocks?
They are the same as the $100.00 ones

John... Do me a favor and take some really good measurements of that wheel adapter kit, would ya? Oh, and those SKF bearing numbers too fella...

crazypj said:
Got a link to that listing for shocks?
They are the same as the $100.00 ones

I bought them direct from the manufacture for $30 a set as "samples" through aliexpress.com.
That included shipping, which they upgraded to dhl.

Mine are 340mm (13.38in) eye to eye. If you can manage with the 32cm (12.59in), they can be found a lot cheaper.

VonYinzer said:
John... Do me a favor and take some really good measurements of that wheel adapter kit, would ya? Oh, and those SKF bearing numbers too fella...

Will do. If I still had a lathe I'd make some... Just got your title BTW. if ya still need it?

Back
Top Bottom