The XS, and the Sidecar of Death

Wired up some LED turn signals, installed an electronic flasher and diodes at the indicator bulb, couldn't get the signals to come on. Kept checking all the connections and couldn't figure it out. Had done this a few times in the past with no problems.

Damnit, look at the wiring diagram... XS650 has a FLASHER CANCELLING UNIT that I was not aware of, unplug the son a bitch, turn signals are a thing of beauty. Maybe this will help someone keep their hair and cool when doing this "simple" install in the future.

Ha, I am about to get to that point myself on the CX, I will check the wiring diagram to make sure I do not have that problem. BIke is looking good.

Thanks, still very stock..

Just ordered a header kit from Monstercraftman.com (thanks Yinzer for the link) to build some high pipes on the left side so they are away from the sidecar passenger. Maybe it will make conversations a little easier when out and about. Plus who doesn't like high pipes?

Need to pick some cones with baffles.

480_Stock_frame_2.jpg

from hoos racing come with and without .

~kop

John - if you want to try to get some of the mounts on the cheap, the guy I just bought my wing from is taking the URAL car off another one and might be willing to send 'em out cheap. If you're not in a hurry, let me know what you're looking for and I'll check it out Thursday.

Rich Ard said:
John - if you want to try to get some of the mounts on the cheap, the guy I just bought my wing from is taking the URAL car off another one and might be willing to send 'em out cheap. If you're not in a hurry, let me know what you're looking for and I'll check it out Thursday.

I have some weld on mounts. If his mounts are of the bolt on variety, I am interested in them for future use. Let me know.

I have these.

This black box shipped out from Poland on July 2nd and just arrived in my office after being held up in customs!

Aside from the Shinko tires, and a brake setup, this is everything I need to get the sidecar together. This is the stuff I couldn't really find in the US. I definitely could have made a seat, but this one looks to be of great quality.

Need a machinist to make a stub axle for the sidecar swing arm, like this one, but for a 25mm bearing instead of 20mm.. I can send all measurements when the right person contacts me. The grooves for the bolts aren't super necessary, I can cut those after if I need to.

Thanks!

I am so fuggin excited to finally have this axle for the sidecar. Now I can get this shit setup! Made of 4140.

So very happy! ;D

Perfect fit.

Stoked that I was able to trade services for this with a machinist. I am making him a custom tool roll in trade!

Back
Top Bottom