The XS, and the Sidecar of Death

;D Yes Sir, the plan for this week is to take the wheels off the bike, mount the new tires and install the Omar's rear wheel kit to run a XS front wheel on the back (as well as the sidecar, thanks to my new axle) install a new O-ring chain and larger rear sprocket.

Next week I hope to tackle the frame setup and weld the mounts on the bike. Still a couple weeks out to try and kill myself with it..

Hmm, just realized I somehow forgot about my spare wheel/tire that sits on back of the sidecar. Just ordered another tire, if anyone has a XS650, 750, 1100, non-spoked front wheel for sale, let me know!

Pretty sad when I go to post and get the red "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic." at the top of the post..

This is going on the bike tonight:

19" Yamaha front wheel, flipped and mounted on rear with adapter kit. New slightly smaller sprocket. Sidecar will take the same wheel with a 15mm axle and tapered bearings. Gettin close.

Did you sell the 400 and start something new or are you keeping 400 and making permanent sidecar bike out of it?

I kept the XS650 and am building around that. Just put a lag bolt into a stud on the wall of my garage last night and straped the bike to it. Planning to bolt things to the sidecar frame tonight and line everything up so I can weld four mounts to the 650's frame and get this bitch out on the road.

Thanks for your suggestions on the sidecar axle PJ, I'm glad I upsized it cause I gonna beat the hell out of it. ;)

Except for the seat colour, that little Suzuki is identical to the first bike I ever rode in 1968 ;D

Try and get hold of some XS1100 forks (or similar) with leading axle, the reduction in trail will make steering easier

Oh yeah, never thought about the extra brakes, I already fitted second disc to my XS ;D

Exhaust help

Been struggling to find a ready to go left side exhaust option for the XS650, unfortunately everything I can find is not baffled or out of stock. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too difficult to buy the following + a collector and be set with only needing to weld the collector to the head pipes. Any suggestions, opinions? From the descriptions I'm assuming I need a 1.5" OD inlet and a 1.75" OD outlet 2into1 collector?? Anything else I might need for this setup?

Back
Top Bottom