Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ....

Man, you work quick! Beautiful! Everything you've done!

As it sits, it reminds me of the Lotus F1 car from the same era ...
his-05-1600.jpg

Nice work!

Beautiful turnaround on that man!
And those JPS Lotus' were the shit for their day...

The seat is a Airtek DUC92up seat its for a 79-81 DUCk 900ss...

DreadRock said:
The seat is a Airtek DUC92up seat its for a 79-81 DUCk 900ss...
Cheers mate. It has really nice lines that match the tank well.

in the pic the seat is just sitting funny not messed up lol .....
seatfront.jpg

just had to make two small cuts to get the set pan to sit right ....
seatside.jpg

seat30.jpg

so after brain storming a lil over a few beers was wanting to do something with my stock pegs. im not really tall so where the stock pegs are seem to fit me. but wanted a lil cooler look . so i had a pair of gsxr 750 pegs laying around and messed with them a lil and this is what i came up with . still not sure if i want to go this way ? what do you think?
pegs2.jpg
pegs.jpg

Very cool bike, I dig the frame gussets. What kind of paint did you use on the motor? Is that a regular wrinkle finish paint? Any special prep work before painting?

I like this a lot. I am not normally a fan of mags, but those remind me of the wheels on my BMX bike as a kid. Any chance you are going to run red knobbies? ;)

I don't know about the peg placement, it looks like your bars are pretty low. You may want to rethink that. A few mins sitting on it in the garage may feel OK, but then when you are out riding and hitting bumps, you may regret it.

Thanks guys ! as for the seating set up i agree its ok sitting here but may be bad things on the road ! just playing with a few things as far as where they may end up and how . will still need to pull it all back down to have the frame,swingarm and some small parts powder coated.

ok want to see what you guys think? this is the paint im thinking ( even tho thats a ways away lol ) i did this on the paint shop that came with my laptop and my art skills are ... well you see lol
wheels-1.jpg

been messing with the wheels and sub-fender for the rear wheel.....
wheel3.jpg

still looking for a few new rear brake disk bolts have found a few but there 4 bucks a bolt LOL and need 11 of them ...
pics bad but this is how it turned out ...
bike3.jpg

this is why i love this site. something that is trash to someone else is able to be turned into a great bike because of your vision, talent and hard work. can't wait to see the end result.

been doing some work on the brakes got the back caliper rebuild . now i moved on to the rear master and have a Q ? looking for a new master for the back anyone use a FZR or alike for a rear master on any XSs say 75 ? been looking and see the 76 xs500 has rear disk anyone have one i could get the center to center bolt holes or throw a idea what might work? thanks guys

You've donea great job on this bike. I am especially impressed with the engine it looks great. I am not really a lover of black bikes but this one looks wicked!

thanks guys ! my list of things to do is getting smaller all the time been working on it about a hour a day . just doing the lil things i can do in my shop till i save more $$ for carbs , cables , head lamp , lil bolts here and there !

Back
Top Bottom