Trevor Ware

go!

Threat Level: giggles and sunshine
DTT SUPPORTER
Back in September, a friend of some friends was rear ended on his bike. It was a hit and run, the guy was caught, and has since been released- though he is facing charges. Trevor is 28 years old, and when you watch this video, you'll feel like you've known him forever. Mostly because he's a whole lot like all of us.

http://vimeo.com/34638170

He's out of the coma, and is in physical therapy.. this update from today: "He had a swallow study today and was cleared for a liquid/pureed diet!!!! He is doing amazing things in therapy (standing with a lot of support, sitting with almost no help, following directions, asking lots of questions) and talking more and more like himself (sarcasm included!)." I know his medical bills are sky-high by now. You can donate to this hospital fund https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352, but the profits from these awesome shirts also go straight to his family to help with the bills. http://www.zazzle.com/trevor_ware_b_o_x_n_i_f_e_when_were_you_young_tshirt-235213769315544802

<3

Thanks for the info Go. What a shame to hear about the guy ......glad he's recovering.

Payday is right around the corner.....

Shared from ADVRider.

Nathan Ray's first parole hearing has been announced. It is my understanding that Pam and Trevor will be coming back to Arkansas to appear before the parole board, and I hope to go with them if needed. The following message was posted by Pam tonight on her FB page; we would love to flood the board with letters and emails; rest assured Trevor would do the same for you.

One month from today on April 11th Nathan Ray, the habitual drunk driver who left Trevor to die in a middle lane of Interstate 40 on September 4, 2012 is appearing before the Arkansas parole board to request release. Please help us let the parole board know that seven years is not sufficient a debt to pay for what he has done, ESPECIALLY because Nathan was on parole for a death he caused in 2005 while driving drunk when he destroyed Trevor's life. In addition, Nathan has been disciplined many times while incarcerated, twice for being under the influence (IN PRISON). Nathan's plea deal is for 7-25 years. He has a very well established pattern of wasting opportunities not given to his victims. Please write to the parole board on Trevor's behalf urging them to deny early parole. Trevor is still struggling every single day to regain a meaningful life. It has been heartbreaking to watch and painful to not be able to fix. If only we had been given an opportunity to have a better life if we worked hard and followed the rules for seven years. I guarantee you Trevor would have earned it. I am posting the email and address below. Please forward a copy to me at pware80@yahoo.com so that I can reinforce the response to the board when we appear on April 3rd. We will be given 10 minutes to speak. Please add your voice to ours so that those ten minutes do not stand alone. If you ever knew Trevor or our family, if you have worked along side us, if you've ever said you think of us, if you ever wished you could do something now is the time. This means so much to me. Please write, please.

APB.Victim.Input@arkansas.gov
Arkansas Parole Board
105 West Capitol Avenue, Suite 500
Little Rock, AR 72201

Be sure to include Nathan Ray's inmate #154991
and please forward to my email pware80@yahoo.com.

And in case you haven't been keeping up with this saga:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,112595.0.html

https://advrider.com/f/threads/lets-help-kerncountykid.828617/page-9#post-37170989

Please consider sending an email to the parole board.

This is the narrative from the Arkansas State Police accident report:
Trevor Ware was traveling on his motorcycle in the No. 2 lane of Interstate 40 East when he was struck in the rear by Nathan Ray. Ware’s motorcycle became stuck on Ray’s bumper and was pushed approximately 340 feet from the point of impact. Ware was thrown from the motorcycle and struck the windshield of Ray’s vehicle before falling into the No. 2 lane. Ray continued traveling east with the motorcycle attached to his front bumper before taking the [JFK Boulevard] exit. The motorcycle became dislodged from Ray’s vehicle at the intersection of [A Avenue and North Pine Street in North Little Rock], approximately 1.4 miles east of the point of impact.”

Nathan Ray is a spoiled rich kid. I believe the story is that he had an interlock on his car because he was on probation for killing someone during a prior DWI. His parents supplied him with a Mercedes to get around it.
When he hit Trevor, he got out, looked at the bike stuck in his bumper, then drove off with it still lodged there and Trevor laying in the road.

Done on Tuesday when I saw the post, just didn’t feel the need to announce it.
I friend of mine was put in a very similar situation quite a few years ago. He was hit head on at night by a habitual drunk driver. The collision, among many other injuries, amputated his left leg below the knee. He was left in the roadway, bleeding out.
The driver continued for two more blocks where he hit a parked car, disabling his vehicle. When Police/EMT’s were dispatched to the second collision, they luckily happened upon Jeremy lying in the roadway. He died once in the ER, and twice more in the week following. Thankfully, he went on to recover, and actually start riding again with the help of an electric shifter.
The drunk was eventually convicted, and for his sentencing hearing, we filled the courtroom with riders. All holding helmets to show the presence. I don’t recall the exact sentence the judge imposed. It wasn’t the max, but it was close. Jeremy was good with it, and that was good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom