Post a pic of your latest purchase

miffa said:
fantastic bike mr ,you must be well chuffed 8)must be a real early 69 probably came of the line in 68 running side entry TLS they changed to top entry TLS in 69,flanged TLS was by far the best twin leader ever produced bar none teamed up with the QD great set up
It is unknown whether it was produced like that, or that was the only brake available when the bike was put together by a previous owner. I'm well aware of the one-year-only '68 TLS brake on Triumphs and BSAs, I have a couple of others. It is decidedly a "bitsa", so anything is possible.

grandpaul said:
A yoke wouldn't work, as the alignment would put it where the tire is. Fork braces are almost always curved / arched to clear the tire.
He's not saying it wouldn't need to be altered. Tuna got the idea from having seen it done before. He's not just making it up.

grandpaul said:
A yoke wouldn't work, as the alignment would put it where the tire is. Fork braces are almost always curved / arched to clear the tire.

I appreciate all you do know Paul... But your by far not who you think you are.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
I appreciate all you do know Paul... But your by far not who you think you are.
I'd like to see pix of the one you did. Really, I'm interested.

...and one thing I DO know, is that I DON'T know it all!

grandpaul said:
I'd like to see pix of the one you did. Really, I'm interested.

...and one thing I DO know, is that I DON'T know it all!
. This is one xb33bsa did...

index.php

irk said:
. This is one xb33bsa did...

index.php

Very nifty. Although, not all fork lowers rise that high up. Still, I can see how a proper match could be found at a good salvage yard!

Just bought my winter project.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-BSA-Thunderbolt-/132000657515?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=YVIc%252FNvui5GKQF8YBwVo48Fep%252Fk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Not sure what I was thinking, can barely do the ton, but these unloved step children deserve love too. My wife thinks I've lost it....

ApriliaBill said:
Just bought my winter project. ...1972-BSA-Thunderbolt... can barely do the ton...
You got a great deal. Properly sorted (and it doesn't take much), that bike can do 110-115.

SS backsplash is sexy. I prefer porcelain tile, but only because I manufacture them. ;)

My local LKQ has a holiday sale- 40% off. Got me a leather 60/40 bench from a 1999 Suburban to go in my boxchevy for $25.

7f7d3e8f5d32b4c5051467befd2900f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Oh, a seat... thought there for a minute you went out and bought a couple of cute little girls. :eek:

irk said:
SS backsplash is sexy. I prefer porcelain tile, but only because I manufacture them. ;)

My local LKQ has a holiday sale- 40% off. Got me a leather 60/40 bench from a 1999 Suburban to go in my boxchevy for $25.

7f7d3e8f5d32b4c5051467befd2900f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

That seat should help you to reach the pedals too! :eek:

Em R some cutey patooties/rugrats you have... just don't boil there brains with PC ness, and keep those encyclopedias they will flip pages and learn by osmosis LOL ::)

Tune-A-Fish© said:
That seat should help you to reach the pedals too! :eek:

Em R some cutey patooties/rugrats you have... just don't boil there brains with PC ness, and keep those encyclopedias they will flip pages and learn by osmosis LOL ::)
. Haha. Thanks, man. Credit their momma for the cuteness. We are all about the books and fortunately these girls love them. Not against the iPads, but it's very limited and structured activity. Play and book reading trumps all.

Phew.... You had me worried there mate. My younger brother had a joob joob years ago and what a POS that was. At least a Navi had decent forks but the frame was an AMC special that was used on Jimmies (James) and frantic bastards (Francis Barnett).

Back
Top Bottom