the Black Knight, a 400four tale.

Re: Black Knight..wired and charging

Back to the bike..

The original harness was toast, so had sparckmoto.com build me a fresh custom.

Complete w LED's, turn flasher and R/R. Everything went perfectly.

Until I found the old stator had a bad leg, got a new emgo. and ALL GOOD.

11494-090119142418-47852377.jpeg

11494-090119142418-4804953.jpeg

11494-090119142418-48051657.jpeg

11494-090119142418-48061161.jpeg

11494-090119142418-48071879.jpeg

Cut old reflector and riveted it to new so the original would fit in stock bucket w LED.

11494-090119142418-48081149.jpeg

11494-090119142418-4809820.jpeg

11494-090119142418-48102496.jpeg

Charging properly at idle

https://youtu.be/IAZ2YkY6PFQ

Re: Black Knight..Wired up and Charging

How bright are those dash lights? They look crazy bright in your pic. Nothing worse for seeing at night then having bright ass dash lights in your face.

irk miller said:
How bright are those dash lights? They look crazy bright in your pic. Nothing worse for seeing at night then having bright ass dash lights in your face.

Ill let you know. The High Beam indicator should be the only one lit running down the road. And its the dimmest of them so theres that.

Cool. They look wonderful, but I had to change out some similar LEDs because they were too bright, which is why I bring it up. Funny thing is, when I had a full face shield on it was even worse, because the angle of the reflection would fill the shield and make me virtually blind at night. I couldn't run with the shield down at night. The high beam indicator, like you say, was a big issue, but the turns were worse because you got this intermittent blast of light in the middle of a turn. I like to pop it in neutral at longer lights, especially to rest my wrists on long rides, but couldn't do it with those lights.

irk miller said:
Cool. They look wonderful, but I had to change out some similar LEDs because they were too bright, which is why I bring it up. Funny thing is, when I had a full face shield on it was even worse, because the angle of the reflection would fill the shield and make me virtually blind at night. I couldn't run with the shield down at night. The high beam indicator, like you say, was a big issue, but the turns were worse because you got this intermittent blast of light in the middle of a turn. I like to pop it in neutral at longer lights, especially to rest my wrists on long rides, but couldn't do it with those lights.

As you know I dont do much riding after dark, Though I have gotten caught a few times.

I do have these in all the bikes and never noticed them annoying.

trek97 said:
As you know I dont do much riding after dark, Though I have gotten caught a few times.

I do have these in all the bikes and never noticed them annoying.
Cool. I'd be interested in what you're getting.

I also sent some of our newer style bulbs that aren't quite as bright. You can swap over to those if the older style is a bit much.

Sonreir said:
I also sent some of our newer style bulbs that aren't quite as bright. You can swap over to those if the older style is a bit much.

I’ll swap out the current dash bulbs for the new style and install these bright ones in the clocks, this evening. Thanks bud

Looking sharp Trek, very tidy. Out of interest, what kind of money does a new wiring harness set you back?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

The Jimbonaut said:
Looking sharp Trek, very tidy. Out of interest, what kind of money does a new wiring harness set you back?

Thanks bro! Yeah you need to talk w Sonrier aka Matt aka Sparckmoto aka Vintageconnections. As I imagine its dependent upon your needs.

And I made two for Piglet and Cherry Bomb. I was in no mood to do this one myself, at the time. So very well worth every penny.

No doubt. Can’t imagine what kind of a headwreck making a harness would be. The one I pulled from my current 750 build looks to be in ok shape, but if a closer inspection reveals some nasties then good to know there’s a guy I can call...

Matt does awesome work. He has levels from parts, to part harnesses to full factory spec or custom. I like his FB11 fuse block. You can start with that and thenold harness and clean the wiring up really well. Ive been running it 2 seasons on the GL and its solid.

The one I did for Eric is a stock replica. 99% of what we do is usually custom work, for custom builds. If you need a stock replica at something we can do, but we usually charge hourly rate on those. I do the custom work more often, so it's actually easier to estimate.

I didn't like the 4into1 kits.

So, I got the O-rings and float valves from Honda.

11494-260119044802-48661875.jpeg

Found the rings on the fuel feed tubes were flattened and kind of hard.

None were broken, but several did break when I removed them.

11494-260119044803-48712045.jpeg

Fresh on the right, Originals on left were flattened.

11494-260119044803-48701950.jpeg

Long as the carbs were out of the way I went ahead and retorqued head bolts and re-set valve tappets.

I was surprised it required about an 1/8th turn more to hit the 14.5ftlbs again. On every head bolt.

11494-260119044803-48722498.jpeg

Excited to get this set up.

Powered exhaust vent. So I can run and tune bike during these winter months.

I only got about $150 invested in this. and I got enough flex tube to add a "Y" and a second muffler collector for dual exhaust when I need it.

11494-260119050828.jpeg

Wow....so cool.

I've got those same rubber kits.

Now just need to get them installed.

I bought the 4into1 kits for my 750’s carbs but yet to install them. I went with Randakk’s kit for my last 750 - not cheap by any means but highly rated. How long before your 4into1 kit crapped out?

Back
Top Bottom