My 1981 Honda CB750 Custom

YogiBear

Over 1,000 Posts
My Brother and I have been working on my CB750 Custom for over three years and did a little photoshoot the other day. It's not particularly cafe, but anyways, let me know what you think.

sfjpk0.jpg

34oegw7.jpg

2vlk22h.jpg

2zr4.jpg

sn2ipx.jpg

2zivdvq.jpg

2rmb9mr.jpg

2jb7cie.jpg

2uf9k53.jpg

I really like it, dig the flip flop paint! looks so so so smoooooth... only thing that i would change is add a bit of a rear fender just to clean up the seat flow to the bike. bump the tail lights out and have them on the outside... that is if you change it... i think it looks super clean as it is now... just a bit of a brat style chrome rear fender would tie in the front fender as well

Looks great. Hard platform to work with but you made it work. I agree with Joe on the tail end, but either way, great job.

robb. said:
Looks great. Hard platform to work with but you made it work.

Thanks, you're not kidding, lol. To be completely honest I had no idea what I wanted to do with it when I got it (it was almost completely stock) Things kind of came together one by one, and it got better looking each day. :)

robb. said:
By the way, what did you pull the spoked wheels from?
I got them from a 1982 CB750K. The guy who sold them to me kept them in beautiful condition, but wanted Comstars with triple disk brakes.

very nicely done, I know in other scenes, people say flip flop/color shift paint is passe but i'll never tire of seeing it. You made good use of a nice color, excellent work on the bike.

I'll be painting my Buell plastic up in silver/green over the winter and my cb900f will get red/blue when its nears completion

Thanks

Gray

Nein_Collins said:
very nicely done, I know in other scenes, people say flip flop/color shift paint is passe but i'll never tire of seeing it. You made good use of a nice color, excellent work on the bike.

I'll be painting my Buell plastic up in silver/green over the winter and my cb900f will get red/blue when its nears completion

Thanks

Gray

Thanks, I'm looking forward to pics of your bikes. :)

At some point I'm going to reshape the seat a bit. I want to make it more round. Maybe touch up the rear corners and give the back of it smoother lines and cut more foam from the sides where it starts to flare out. I'm going to put a gel pad in it too I think. I made up my mind on that after going for a 160 mile ride haha.

jk333 said:
Thanks, I'm looking forward to pics of your bikes. :)
will do, I got the Buell painted...I switch out the silver with the flippy flop ones from time to time...I'll send you a pic.

I don't know how it would look, but one thing i'm considering (well pretty much doing due to budget) is using the tail fairing from an F model (mine is an F so i'm using the stock piece..lol)

I dunno, maybe the shapes would be off from the tank to the seat, but if anything, it could be modded to fit. On the plus side, you already have a seat..this will be a simple modify and attach type deal...

still loving your bike..the pic of just the tank makes regular rotation on my phone's wallpaper

I do like the shape of the F bikes tail section and the whole body work for that matter. But, I don't think I could make it flow with my tank/sidecovers/style of bike. I think the F tail section's sharp lines wouldn't really mesh with the smooth lines of the C model tank/sidecovers. You never know until you try though, right? ;) Thanks for the compliment. :) I'm so glad I went with the Mirage paint.

Looks great. Do you have a close up of the rear sets? I have the same ride and i cant figure out a satisfactory way to mount rear sets without cutting the rear peg tabs of which I dont want to do. You seem to have found a nice looking way.

jk333 said:
My Brother and I have been working on my CB750 Custom for over three years and did a little photoshoot the other day. It's not particularly cafe, but anyways, let me know what you think.

sfjpk0.jpg

34oegw7.jpg

2vlk22h.jpg

2zr4.jpg

sn2ipx.jpg

2zivdvq.jpg

2rmb9mr.jpg

2jb7cie.jpg

2uf9k53.jpg

Andreas said:
Looks great. Do you have a close up of the rear sets? I have the same ride and i cant figure out a satisfactory way to mount rear sets without cutting the rear peg tabs of which I dont want to do. You seem to have found a nice looking way.
Thanks. :) I ran into the same problem. I built my own. I don't have a pic off hand, but I can roll it out of the garage and snap 1 for you when it stops raining. I came up with a design that I could mount up without welding anything on the frame. It was challenging. I designed it and my brother built the rearsets. I'm pleased with how they perform.

Back
Top Bottom