• Kawasaki Z800

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Yamaha FZ8N

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andycafe

Northern Suburbs, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
Ok, I'm going to buy a new bike and I would like some help from the wealth of experience here ;)

I have 2 I like, the Kawasaki and the Yamaha. Both spec's read very similar but is there anything else I need to know?

Attachments

• z800.jpg
    z800.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 507
  • fz8n.jpg
    fz8n.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 474
DONT DO IT.....Get 5 Good running used bikes instead....(thats what I would do) do what you like man but you sure do have the space for 5 more ;D

The Yamaha's looking pretty dated next to the Kawa. But, if I were looking into a naked, I'd try to snag an Aprilia Tuono...so I'm not much help.

Esthetically to me the Yamaha looks more simple & has cleaner lines, the Kawasaki is a bit overdone & busy.
Mechanically I have read nothing on these bikes.

Green light to buy a new bike

Having sold bikes(and vis-a-vis...ridden them), I have to say I prefer the Yammie. There's a tremendous amount of bang for your buck...and Yamaha has a tendency to "over-build" their bikes, in a great way.

DesmoBro said:
DONT DO IT.....Get 5 Good running used bikes instead....(thats what I would do) do what you like man but you sure do have the space for 5 more ;D

Haha lolv :D I do get to keep the CB250rs and CB400f ;)

Ringo said:
The Yamaha's looking pretty dated next to the Kawa. But, if I were looking into a naked, I'd try to snag an Aprilia Tuono...so I'm not much help.

your not helping either ;D 8)

Attachments

• 2012-aprilia-tuono-image-3-1024x888.jpg
    2012-aprilia-tuono-image-3-1024x888.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 530
grancuda said:
Esthetically to me the Yamaha looks more simple & has cleaner lines, the Kawasaki is a bit overdone & busy.

The FZ8n is definitely simpler however the Z8 isn't that bad in the flesh :eek: :D Very similar read on them both mechanically ???

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
Have you test ridden either of these bikes? That usually make my decision for me.

Not yet but definitely will be, just sitting on the Z8 I would have to get a higher rise in the bar to be comfortable :) My dealer was out of FZ8n's so still to find out how that feels ???

Re: Green light to buy a new bike

Busted Knuckles said:
Having sold bikes(and vis-a-vis...ridden them), I have to say I prefer the Yammie. There's a tremendous amount of bang for your buck...and Yamaha has a tendency to "over-build" their bikes, in a great way.

this is true the yam has bullet proof built in :) , how about the technology that has been integrated into the Kawi?

grancuda said:

Second that.. Kawi looks like some play on a futuristic bike or something. Way too much plastic and jagged lines too. But I like clean lines that flow so.. I made the vote 50/50. I vote for Yamadog! ....and Pedro.

More pic's of the Z8 ???

Attachments

• z800r.jpg
    z800r.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 927
  • z800.jpg
    z800.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 387
  • z800l.jpg
    z800l.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 401
more pic's of the fz8n ???

Attachments

• fz8nl.jpg
    fz8nl.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 317
  • fz8n.jpg
    fz8n.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 314
  • fz8n1.jpg
    fz8n1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 304
Green light to buy a new bike

Tech can be good and bad. I personally like the FZ. It's got the heritage of the R1/R6 behind it. The Kawi just LOOKS so bulky to me. I have a really good friend that was a team mechanic for the Attack/Kawi team...and he rode an R1 as his personal bike, that has always been a resonating point in my memories.

Like one of our fellow forum brothers stated above, you gotta go with what "fits" you best...and for me, that's always been "blue" lol.

andycafe said:
Ok, I'm going to buy a new bike and I would like some help from the wealth of experience here ;)

I have 2 I like, the Kawasaki and the Yamaha. Both spec's read very similar but is there anything else I need to know?

Both look the same - just different colours ........................

IF I were buying something like that I assume it's for regular long haul use not fun - so I'd buy a car and a Guzzi V7

Honda-CB1100-revealed-2012-2013-itsgotwheels-image-1-620x465.jpg

Vintage styling, modern Honda reliability, (reported) awesome performance, guranteed to be a standout in a sea of all plastic fantastics. All wins in my book. :)

I agree with Yinzer, if I had the dough for a new bike now I would go with the new CB in a heartbeat. It would be my daily and trip bike and I would then have a few projects for "fun" bikes that would not have to serve multi purposes, A cafe, a dirtbike, a race rep... etc. to ride and wrench and work one etc. My GL fits that bill now but it is 34 years old and something a bit newer would be nice.

So I am no help either, although if your heart is set on one of the two, I like the looks of the Yamamha better and Have read both bikes are very close performance numbers wise but the yammie is more refined, Kawi more raw.

Back
Top Bottom