1978 CB400TII

theboxrules

Been Around the Block
Hello All,

I thought I would post up some pictures of my latest purchase. She runs, albeit I'm still troubleshooting a hesitation/bogging during acceleration. So far the maintenance and clean up include:

1) New Bridgestone S11 tires
2) PO rebuilt master cylinder, patched exhaust collector, new coil, air filter and oil filter/change.
3) Cleaned up wheels with brass wire brush.
4) Fork seal/fluid replacement.
5) Stripped clear coat from sliders and rear brake hub and semi-polished.
6) Flushed master cylinder and bled front brake.
7) New plugs.

Misc. polishing, cleaning.

As purchased:
DSCN0761.jpg

New Tires:
DSCN0839.jpg

Polished up brake hub:
DSCN0831.jpg

How she sits now with cleaned wheels/forks, etc:
DSCN1070.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1074.jpg

Update on the CB400TII. I have since done the following:

1) New head gasket
2) SS brake line
3) Cleaned/rebuilt carbs
4) Cleaned up rear shocks
5) Replaced bent up shifter with CB550 shifter
6) All new replica OEM exhaust from David Silver Spares
7) Repainted foot peg brackets
8) Replaced fuel petcock and fuel lines
9) Replaced CDI unit with CDI Magician's unit from eBay.
10) New battery.
11)Lower handle bars.
12) New clutch, speedometer and tachometer cables.
13) New clutch and brake levers.
14) Stripped and repainted battery tray.
15) New OEM Petcock.
16) Disassembled and cleaned carbs, bench synchronized.
17) Replaced ignition coil.
18) Added cafe fairing.
Here she is now...

Hawk1.jpg

Hawk2.jpg

Hawk3.jpg

Hawk4.jpg

That's a nice looking little Hawk, Brian! Good to meet you today and work with you on the CCR raffle bike.

Here's a couple of videos of me taking the old girl out for a run around the neighborhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV4lvxV12Hw&feature=share&list=UU3ruG5QI18fmhoHmzHyFa5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APEuSOy2SE&feature=share&list=UU3ruG5QI18fmhoHmzHyFa5w

SONIC, yeah, I'm normally full on ATGATT but sometimes I get complacent. :( However, I NEVER ride without a helmet or gloves/boots even when in my 25MPH subdivision. If I ever venture out on the main roads it's overpants, riding jacket, gloves, helmet and boots.

diggerdanh said:
That's gotta be West Chester. Where else can you ride for 10 minutes and still be in your subdivision? :)
Digger Dan wins a prize! I nice new fully restored 1976 CB750 Super Sport....uh...don't try to cash in on that one! ;-)

Well if I couldn't cash in on the prize I didn't want to win anyway... :p

I thought everyone from CCR was down toward town. nice to see some people on the "real" northside of the city..LOL I'm in the Sharonville area.

GK

We need our own CCR "sub group", CCR-North. I'm in Monroe. We should have some get-togethers closer to us so I don't have to do an hour and a half round trip through city traffic just to go to one. Matt is north of 275 too, isn't he?

diggerdanh said:
We need our own CCR "sub group", CCR-North. I'm in Monroe. We should have some get-togethers closer to us so I don't have to do an hour and a half round trip through city traffic just to go to one. Matt is north of 275 too, isn't he?

Matt is in Deer Park/Kenwood. about 10-15 min backroads from me, near Kenwood Mall

GK

I'm literally 3 minutes away from the Sharonville Kroger. I agree, we do need a more local meetup for us true Northerners!

I'm a block from the Sharonville Rec center. Who else is cose up on the north side of the Loop?

Dan,
You,
Matt
Myself

Anyone else? I am sure we could at the very least get some rides in this summer, even if it is downtown to hook up with the rest of the Cinci crew. Safety in number on 75 South for sure.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom