introduce yourself and your bike

Yeah that is a dilemma, seems a shame to cut up a good'un.

A few years ago I would have had no qualms about ripping into an old Honda, but they are rapidly becoming collectibles in their own right.

just means yo have to buy two of the same model I guess ;)

Hi all. I'm down in the shaky city with my gn250.

Got my full but mainly use it for commuting so not much point in upgrading.

I might be the only person in the country to do trackdays on a gn. so far 2 at taupo and one on minefield. Not a trackday but doing rider training at ruapuna on wed. I wonder if suzuki would sponser me to do a trackday at every track in the country on my mighty gn.

Hi im from down south , have a GB 400 i been mucking around with

before
DSC_0001.jpg

couple of weeks ago
DSC_0046.jpg

Kia ora Dudes,

Another person from old shaky town and another GB400 owner (mate you hardly seem to see them on the street and this little forum is full of them - choice). Mine is currently spread across the garage floor in preparation for blossoming in spring.
I consider my bike to be a work in progress, it started out as a running wreck that had been off the road in a shed for a number of years. Took it for a test ride and fell in love with it. Got it home and started stripping it and discovered that just about every bolt was loose - yep including the triple clamp bolts, brake caliper and axle nuts. I still have the nightmares!!!!
The first build was just to get it up and running (including an overdue cam grind), the current one will turn it more into a CR. Will post some pictures when its done.

Hi

Also down in Munro country, in fact now live on Oreti Road right on the way to the beach. Had planned to get a Guzzi V50 to do up, similar to my first one back in 84 as per profile photo. However got seriously outbid on TradeMe, and on the rebound realised for what I was prepared to pay for the Guzzi, even though it was not enough, I could get this rather nice 88 Ducati 750 Sport. So I did. Its in Blenheim, or rather was, it is currently in a a BikeTranz van on its way to me, hopefully in time for the weekend.
Have horrible feeling it way too good to do serious changes to. Already has braced swing arm to counter the propensity to crack and the weber carb long ditched for a pair of Dellortos. Will post photos once I have it.

Am following Dale in SA and his Guzzi and 900SS cafe converts with interest.

Gordon

Hi all,

Down in Christchurch, have just purchased my first bike a SR250 which will be something good to learn on. I also brought it so I can have a go at making it into something of a cafe racer/tracker, unsure of which avenue I'll really go down, may be a bit of a combo.

Enjoying reading all the builds in progress, and seeing the ideas out there.

Cheers,

Richie

Love the GBs I use to have a 500

I'm down in Christchurch.
I started a build thread on my XZ - see my sig

Hi fellas thought I'd say gidday nice to see some bikes on here from down under
Just finished rebuilding my sr250 over the winter, well finished for now
Until I change my mind! In Hawkes bay at the moment there are
A few good loops around here to get out on, have a build thread of it
If you wanted to check it out cheers!

hareaway said:
Hi im from down south , have a GB 400 i been mucking around with

before
DSC_0001.jpg

couple of weeks ago
DSC_0046.jpg

I saw this bike on trademe a while back. Almost bought it before the CB500 i bought came up. Awesome bike, love what you have done to it!

Thanks Tonci , it has changed again since then . And has a silly front fender on to get a warrant , having jetting probs after fitting pod but have just clipped the spring and may drill the slide .
If not i will save my pennies and get a mikuni flatslide .

Hi all, from sun city, Nelson 8)

Bought a GS550 from Chch 6 months ago, was a bit rough, ok, a lot rough! have started a build thread, which seriously needs updating, search for Stray Dog.

Here she is, as of this week.

23922_4193604633013_1489547302_n.jpg

Hope to have her on the road this summer!

Mad Ratter said:
Hi all, from sun city, Nelson 8)

Bought a GS550 from Chch 6 months ago, was a bit rough, ok, a lot rough! have started a build thread, which seriously needs updating, search for Stray Dog.

Here she is, as of this week.

23922_4193604633013_1489547302_n.jpg

Hope to have her on the road this summer!

That looks brilliant ... love the seat

nice bike mate! its awesome seeing some more oldies really coming out of the woodwork over here!

Hi all, new to the site, got me a GS1000 that needs some love.
Good to see other old NZ bikes about the place

Hello all, I Graham and am living in Auckland.
I've just sold my FZR1040 race bike and am now working on a FZR750 street bike.
At the moment the motor and swingarm are on the bench and the frame is leaning up against the workshop wall waiting for me to fill the factor cut holes in.
It's going to be a naked bike with a single racing seat, 7" round head light etc etc.
Hopefully the re-assembly will start in the next few weeks after I decide if the frames going to be polished or painted.

Hi from Wellington, I joined DTT years ago but kind of got sidetracked. I had aCB750 a friend and I built up in 2009 , sold that long ago and got a Guzzi SP1000 which is my daily transport , also have an r80 that will be getting some love when time allows. : )

Nice to see the cafe scene picking up in NZ

Attachments

• cb750.jpg
    cb750.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 436
  • SP.jpg
    SP.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 465
  • shed.JPG
    shed.JPG
    693.8 KB · Views: 438
Back