CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360 Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- New pics -sorta finished one

I like the shadow on the bank near the end of the video, great quality footage.
Had to stop myself from shouting ' Mate! you're on the wrong side of the road!' lol
:)

I had to check the member map just now to see where you were living, Erskine. There's a lot of folks from Wales on here. I used to live in Chepstow, myself (though I'm a Yank).

You think the camera footage is awesome, I was behind him and watching him fade away in the distance, the camera does not do that road justice, very fast for a 360 through there!!! :D

Sonreir said:
I had to check the member map just now to see where you were living, Erskine. There's a lot of folks from Wales on here. I used to live in Chepstow, myself (though I'm a Yank).

Funnily enough I was in Chepstow yesterday afternoon! There seems to be some good pubs there.

Yeah... I used to drink at The Boat when I was in Chepstow, but usually went out to the Tan House in Shirenewton though.

PJ, where in Orlando is that? I lived in Thornton park/downtown for a few years.

JustinLonghorn said:
PJ, where in Orlando is that? I lived in Thornton park/downtown for a few years.

I would rather not say, for a couple of reasons ;)
If your down this way, I'll take you out there, it's less than 10 miles from Altamonte

make that ride a goal for the completion of my bike :) if i may tag along

Re: CB360-Really Boring

Did a few bits on the 'runner' ;D
Adjusted bars back about 10 degrees and tilted levers down a bit so it's more comfortable.
Fitted 'race' plugs
Anewplug.jpg

Seems to make a difference (may be just psychological though ;) )
Had a really 'boring' time this week
Boringtime-1.jpg

three 378cc 'conversions (two of mine and one for Ian)
last one is a 422cc I'm inventing as I go (7mm overbore, new liners, etc)
360 piston in '422' bore
Boringtime-3.jpg

Rode bike to work today, lost right mirror (I knew those expander plugs were crap)
Had a load of fun though.
Running pretty damn good, capable of more than keeping up with traffic ;)
Coming home was even more fun, had to do at least 70 so I didn't get run over and, it's safer to be doing 5~10mph more than traffic to stay safe 8)
I filmed it all with Go-Pro but I really will have to edit it down to manageable bits, two 25 min films are too much.
still haven't painted frame for bike #1, having too much fun with bike #2 at present (plus, due for surgery next week, getting in some riding while I can)

Finally got out of Orlando and onto open road.
Did the 'clock' no more numbers ;D (admittedly, downhill)
Very stable, felt a lot slower than whatever was showing. (just felt a bit windy ;) )
Bit more than 100 miles with clip-on's and rear-sets, feel OK, neck a bit stiff, back is better than it was before I started
I'll see if anyone in riding group has pics 8)

Clock on a 360 is 110... That's a fast bike, man.

Not full throttle yet, still accelerating.
Extra 22cc makes a lot of difference
Saturday4thJune2011-1.jpg

This is the high compression 378?

Yep 8) stock carbs as well

Nice. This is really making me want to finish mine up. I just started wiring yesterday...

Any guess on compression on yours? Static compression on mine is going to be running right about 10:1 on my 378.

crazypj said:
Yep 8) stock carbs as well

bullshit... the only thing stock about your carbs is the diaphragm ;)

Don't know, don't care.
Static compression is actually a bit meaningless, dynamic compression is what counts.
I usually just check cold cranking compression, if it's over 225psi on my gauge I fit a thicker base gasket and run 93 octane ;D
Gauge probably isn't as accurate as it should be but I've used the same one for over 25 yrs with same results on cars and bikes
probably around 10.5~11:1 C/R, (maybe a bit more or less?) it doesn't knock or ping so I'm not worried

Rocan said:
bullshit... the only thing stock about your carbs is the diaphragm ;)

Ah, but they are stock bodies with some strategic holes and modified 'brass'.
Needles and slides are completely stock, I tried opening up lift holes and didn't like results, although they would probably work on a 360 motor. I'm going to drill them out further and tap for different size air plugs
Float level is 1mm higher than stock.
The real point is, you don't need to spend $300.00+ on VM 30/32 when you can make stock carbs work. I fitted a set without replaceable air jets, now I know it works, I'll modify anyone's CB360 stock carbs, even those with pressed in jets (for a fee ;) )

Back
Top Bottom